ReactJS and the rulepage

North Bear

Hi there, I have enough time and need to learn.

What better way to start of then by learning ReactJS. 

What is this you may be wondering?

Its one of the best website frameworks out there, loads quick as fuck and I wanna add this for the website to make things much easier for people.

What will I be doing?

I'm going tomake a copy of the rule page but use my UI and web dev skills to make it very user friendly and hecka fast.

What will I be looking at?

A new UI design

A new mobile view that should be very accesable from all sorts of devices.

An edited desktop view.

Reduce read time

Reduce loading time of content

Am I stealing shit or hacking into the website? Nah.. Litterally making a static version first. After that I could possible make an ajax call if sugar wants me to continue with this.

i think if u posted am image of what u r proposing u might get more notice north bear, i for one would like to see what u r planning, and see  less confusing tl;dr motd for new players or simply for looking things up in a friendlier interface 

know how to cut down on sit requests? make the rules so accessible that even a Pissed Baby can understand!

What I did today was learn some more about styling components in react aka "styled components". This is a form of styling inside of a file so that you only use the styles that are needed on loading in your content. Something a lot of websites dont do right now.

It's a learning process so it will take some time. This is what I've made so far:

https://imgur.com/dA4bCAI

What I am planning on doing is making every category collapsable so that it becomes way less of a read and you can open what you need.