A honest simple vote.

ODA Envy

Map Change?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Map Change?

• Stay on rp_downtown_v4c_v2
    • Switch to a different map
    • Map rotation (change map every other day)

Sugar has been doing the votes in the MOTD to see what the community wants, well he has been making it kinda complicated(in my opinion) by putting multiple topics in a single vote which people could be against 1 topic in it and be with the other. Honestly I just want to know if people want a new map so this is a poll for only that topic.

Map change every day would be weird. I can see every month..by rotating like 2 maps. Its hard. We will not get new people unless we are already big enough. You know? As of right now, I don't think we ARE big enough and heck even 3 months ago I thought we were "big enough". Maps are so weird and it really is one of the biggest components that make a server. If you're a RP server and you're NOT on downtown v2, good bye playerbase. Good bye everything. Most people don't like it. Don't think I like this map. I fucking hate it for the most part. Now you're probably saying "Who cares if we lose some players! We support the server in every way and I will play on any map!". Thats all fine and dandy until you have a server that's 20 / 50 peak hours and doesn't reach above 25 on the weekends. 

I have a few plans down the line and I will start working on a Downtown edit in hammer (source engine mapping tool) to make our "own" map. Maybe I can get something done by Christmas and it would be my gift to you guys. I have a ton of ideas to make v2 a whole lot better and I am also looking to optimize the absolute shit out of it too. The polls on the MOTD is the only way people will see them. It will have randoms voting on them too. This poll will get a MAXIMUM of 20 votes. No doubt in my mind. Its not because its a bad thread..its just people don't browse the forums too often. But everyone will see the MOTD. Then compare my polls on the MOTD that get 200+ votes in a week or so. It's to get a better direction.

Plus my polls on the MOTD is to get feedback on what should be a top priority. Everything gets worked on...slowly.

I've been through evil melon on titsrp and people DO leave, I understand that. But what I find confusing is that people always vote for a new map but subconsciously they want you to keep downtown.I say you are definitely right Sugar and I do suggest keep the map, but for the sake of the poll I will express my option because I liked evil melon.

I've been through evil melon on titsrp and people DO leave, I understand that. But what I find confusing is that people always vote for a new map but subconsciously they want you to keep downtown. I say you are definitely right Sugar and I do suggest keep the map, but for the sake of the poll I will express my option because I liked evil melon.

-snip-

Yea, this is exactly what goes through their minds. I will never understand it. Evilmelon was a good side but had TERRIBLE FPS and crashed randomly due to a missing model or material.. I forgot which one. Always great because it had a wonderful PD and 2 banks. Roads sucked ass though. Downtown is just that "staple" map everyone plays. I just want a good PD. That's all I want ):

Cops seriously make the game.

-snip-

Yea, this is exactly what goes through their minds. I will never understand it. Evilmelon was a good side but had TERRIBLE FPS and crashed randomly due to a missing model or material.. I forgot which one. Always great because it had a wonderful PD and 2 banks. Roads sucked ass though. Downtown is just that "staple" map everyone plays. I just want a good PD. That's all I want ):

Cops seriously make the game.

I say you get a few people and make a custom map for the server, like make it how you would like ir.

I have a few plans down the line and I will start working on a Downtown edit in hammer (source engine mapping tool) to make our "own" map. Maybe I can get something done by Christmas and it would be my gift to you guys. I have a ton of ideas to make v2 a whole lot better and I am also looking to optimize the absolute shit out of it too.

Even that would be amazing, not even the 'by Christmas part'. Us having a custom map is the awesome part. I just get tired of the generic Map and it would be cool to have one we can call our own. You get so much more power when you own and can edit the map to your liking. Changing little details every once in awhile like the texture for the road or like 'borrowing' a building from a different map would be enough flare to make the map feel new again.

I have a few plans down the line and I will start working on a Downtown edit in hammer (source engine mapping tool) to make our "own" map. Maybe I can get something done by Christmas and it would be my gift to you guys. I have a ton of ideas to make v2 a whole lot better and I am also looking to optimize the absolute shit out of it too.

Even that would be amazing, not even the 'by Christmas part'. Us having a custom map is the awesome part. I just get tired of the generic Map and it would be cool to have one we can call our own. You get so much more power when you own and can edit the map to your liking. Changing little details every once in awhile like the texture for the road or like 'borrowing' a building from a different map would be enough flare to make the map feel new again.

he could even get some super admins to help if it was possible to do!

Just a little suggestion, I would like to see the building near fountain and the two tunnels actually a building people can walk in and out of. Also, if possible I would say to remove the building next to of to expand the of horizontally. Or if you don't want to do that make the of taller and add a second floor. Once again just a little suggestion :)

I would like you hurry up and change the map already. Christmas time is coming and I would like that SICK V4C_V2 map with the christmas hotels because that means MORE PLACES TO BASE.