Mineable Gems/Ores

Umbak Klak

On the trello there's supposed to be a crafting update coming that includes rare materials to find, I assume from mining/chopping/fishing.

Even still, until that crafting update comes, can we still get rare materials to find added to mining(/fishing)? Every time I show a new player the rocks you can mine they ALWAYS ask "can I mine up diamonds?" I think it would be very easy to do this and would give people even more of an incentive to mine/gather materials.

I'm sure people will have quarrels about "AFKers" at rocks, but the rocks move around after a while. Even still, giving some reward to mining would be nice, I hardly ever seen people mining unless they need ore.

Essentially every time you mine something it has a chance of being a gem. There could be a talisman and/or other items that improve your luck, or even more pickaxes/axes/fishing poles you can make with the gems/ores

Gold, Silver, Iron, Copper, Platinum, Diamond

Thoughts?

What would the ores do? If they are just to be sold to general buyer I don't think this is that good. If the ores like if you had 3 tiers in ramping rarity silver, gold, and diamond they can improve on the next item you craft like maybe a door shield gets stronger or your sledgehammer can't break and hits doors harder. This would be a lot to add into the server but I think having random ores just to have them won't add much