Material Exploit / Possible Crash Cause

Mr. Peanut Butter

Exploit / Quality of Life

Description: When several props are close or stacked together in a small area and all have animated materials, it cause significant to even extreme lag when near or looking at them. Some players know this and have been using it to make it impossible to raid them as anyone who tries lags so much they literally cannot do anything but stand there and get shot or pray to tits they by some miracle manage to retrace their steps and manuever away from the line of fire and get some damn frames back so they can retreat. I also believe that this may be what is causing such extreme lag and even crash when a high amount of players simultaneously use animated materials on their props.

How to reproduce: Place a prop and material tool it with an animated material. Then start stacking it and watch your fps drop. Potentially Multiply Result by 90. This is most noticeable on fences and props the same size and bigger.

Priority: HIGH

I am pretty sure it's not fixable,the bigger the prop the more lag you will get.

I think either limiting the amount of animated materials that can be used at once by one person or removing just the animated materials entirely would be a possible solution.

I'm not opposed to that, although it would completely destroy a lot of the OP bases that need fixing. Giving tthe raider a fair shot.