trashy Tits

The Film is Truth

Do you feel most of the staff on here are good  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel most of the staff on here are good

I mean if you really want to take matters into your own hands, why don't you form a CP Team with your fellow RPers instead of spam demoting them. CP are actually pretty powerful. You can jail people 2-4 minutes at a time. You have nonlethal stunguns that impair movement, handcuffs to detain them, autowant or /wanted to write a warrant and BAM! They're not bothering anyone anymore at least for a couple minutes.

Here is my take on this....

The point of Moderator / Admin / Tmod / Any Staff Rank is to help the players. The whole point of applying is to sacrifice your RP time to help the server / the players when they need something... 

I see the fact that taking sits can get hectic when there are 90 players on and only ~4 staff (which isn't rare), but that is all the more reason to take sits... Ignoring sits to RP / Base / Raid will make it even worse than it is, and you make it harder for the other staff online to complete the wall of sits that just pile up.

To the point that was mentioned "I won't take single RDM sits" : This is the most retarded thing I've ever heard in my fucking life. RDM sits are literally the EASIEST sits to resolve.

"@Player X rdmed me"

Bring player and player x

why did you kill player, player x

"accident"

check dlogs

Ok looks like it was crossfire, be more careful next time

or

Why did you kill player, player x

" am hitman, had a hit"

ok, player, he had a hit on you, have a nice day

Do you see what I'm getting at... RDM sits take less than 2 minues if youre a decent staff member lol... Dlogs can solve 80% of all sits in under 3-4minutes if you use your brain

" Do you want us to take sits 24/7 " : *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm*..... huh?..... If you are staff, take sits. Simple as that. If you don't want to take sits, step down

The point of Moderator / Admin / Tmod / Any Staff Rank is to help the players. The whole point of applying is to sacrifice your RP time to help the server / the players when they need something... 

I see the fact that taking sits can get hectic when there are 90 players on and only ~4 staff (which isn't rare), but that is all the more reason to take sits... Ignoring sits to RP / Base / Raid will make it even worse than it is, and you make it harder for the other staff online to complete the wall of sits that just pile up.

To the point that was mentioned "I won't take single RDM sits" : This is the most retarded thing I've ever heard in my fucking life. RDM sits are literally the EASIEST sits to resolve.

"@Player X rdmed me"

"accident"

check dlogs

or

" am hitman, had a hit"

Do you see what I'm getting at... RDM sits take less than 2 minues if youre a decent staff member lol... Dlogs can solve 80% of all sits in under 3-4minutes if you use your brain

" Do you want us to take sits 24/7 " : *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm*..... huh?..... If you are staff, take sits. Simple as that. If you don't want to take sits, step down

Its in the server rules

"Do NOT call an admin for a single RDM"

"@Player X rdmed me"

"accident"

check dlogs

or

" am hitman, had a hit"

Its in the server rules

"Do NOT call an admin for a single RDM"

Why is there a button to report single RDM when you die then? Also here is my solution, since staff want to ignore sits to RP (:

Make sits stay on the screen until they are taken.... 

The main excuse staff use when you ask why your sit wasn't taken was "I didn't see a sit" (which is a whole new can of worms, because if you didn't see it, that means you either let sits stack up to the point where you wont see new sits, or you ignored it).  If you make sits stay on the screen until they are taken, it will make staff actually do the job they VOLUNTEERED for. The main reason this topic has people so pissed is that in 99% of staff apps, people say "I want to help the server because there are a lot of times when there aren't staff online and I want to be able to help people when they need help etc etc etc...." If you're gonna volunteer to help the server, and then say that you're volunteering to help because you feel like there is a lack of help.... then idk..... maybe you should actually help by taking sits when they are called. I do agree with Blacnova that people calling bullshit sits should be punished, because that really does waste staff's time... but at the same time sits shouldn't be discriminated against, especially for "single RDM." If staff didn't take Single RDM reports, anyone with any warns on the server would have at least 10 less warns... and I can say that from experience seeing as how a good number of my warns are from accidental, single RDM's being reported. So if staff aren't going to take single RDM sits, remove all RDM warns from everybody...

Shard, it's because no one enforced that section prior. But since "all the staff sucks and only rp", but to make it easier for the "30% of staff that don't suck and only rp" we will be enforcing those rules. It's not retroactive... 

The only solution I'm seeing from people is to force people to step down that "are only rping"... but don't have proof of it... but i can fucking guarantee that if you got rid of more staff members there would INSTANTLY be claims that we have no fucking staff -.-

It's still just bloody bitching without a solid solution... get rid of staff that "only rp", but there are never any staff on /facepalm

Shard, it's because no one enforced that section prior. But since "all the staff sucks and only rp", but to make it easier for the "30% of staff that don't suck and only rp" we will be enforcing those rules. It's not retroactive... 

The only solution I'm seeing from people is to force people to step down that "are only rping"... but don't have proof of it... but i can fucking guarantee that if you got rid of more staff members there would INSTANTLY be claims that we have no fucking staff -.-

It's still just bloody bitching without a solid solution... get rid of staff that "only rp", but there are never any staff on /facepalm

exactly, I was always taught that as well: "If you bring up a problem, but not a solution, that's called whining. so shut the fuck up." (as my dad would say)

And ignoring certain sits for a good reason really makes it easier to take the more important ones with better response time. So unless you have a better idea than removing what few staff we have left, seriously, just stop commenting, for everyone's sake. Isn't starting drama a forums warn anyway what is this?

As said in the discord, this thread comes up at LEAST once a month. I won't even bother typing an essay as you can type "bad staff" and find multiple threads with a lot more detailed responses. I will give you the rundown of solutions and their consequences

• Demote staff who don't help as often as other staff -> Have very little staff
  • Train staff to be better and handle sits better -> Doesn't work like that. Regardless if that was to happen, who would do it, what is "training" like, what encourages staff members to better themselves
  • Demote staff who rp instead of doing sits 24/7 -> Have no staff
  • Make a staff member do x amount of sits every y amount of minutes -> Have really pissed staff who complain they should be able to RP for 30 min - 2 hours without taking a sit
  • Accept every mod app -> Have a lot of really shitty staff
  • Get better staff -> Can't accept the people who don't apply + you don't just find them out of the blue
  • Be more forgiving on staff members who break minor rules -> Have more staff but you would most likely have to have someone who goes to them and tells them what they did was wrong and how they can learn from it
  • Be more harsh on staff members who break minor rules -> Have less staff but the staff would be less prone to breaking their own rules
  • Have the users solve their own issues -> Users complain that staff don't help them
  • Have the users go through x amount of requirements before sending a sit -> Users complain they can't contact staff
  • Have the users be detailed with their sit call -> Users complain they can't contact staff
  • Prevent the user from calling about "non sit-like calls" -> Users complain they can't contact staff

Being a staff member isn't hard in some people's eyes but it is difficult to some. You need experience on how to solve problems efficiently and you have to somewhat enjoy helping the community and that is a VERY RARE trait to come by when accepting mod apps.

This issue is also a double edge sword. In a perfect world, you don't need staff. User's create the issues and staff have to solve them. If you can prevent the user from creating issues on their own then you solve the root of the problem.

It's easy to say "get better staff" as a solution but it's physically not possible when certain requirements aren't reached. Other server's get by well because they have over 500+ staff members. We have 70 and only 20ish are active in a given month which leaves around 2 - 5 staff on at a given time.

This topic has a 99% chance to be talked about in the server meeting today at 6:30 PM EST so you're welcome to come and share opinions / solutions but keep in mind that this is something that will never be solved. It's impossible to have a god like staff team when gods don't apply.

• Like 1