Bring Back Evilmelon On Original Server.

Fragtrap

Bring Evilmelon back?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Bring Evilmelon back?

• Yeah of course Evilmelon is best map 2k15.
    • NO FUK U SANIC UR SO STUPID UR GETTING PERMA BAN.

I know we've been talking this for a while now, but I STILL don't like Downtown as much as I liked Evilmelon, reasons:

-Didn't have Weird Framerates drop.

- Doesn't have aSmaller, shittier PD and weird bank placement. It had a bigger PD and Bank.

- Much more places to set up a good base ( I barely see any base on Downtown. )

- A lot of old players liked it a lot more.

- Looks far more decent than Downtown.

- Is less used.

- HAS SEWERS, WHY IS THERE EVEN A SEWER LORD CLASS ON DOWNTOWN.

Those are MY reasons for bringing Evilmelon back, not mentioning there was MUCH more RP back there, I still remember that BIG mafia building we once raided with Morins and we destroyed their base with C4.

Believe it or not, Evilmelon is pretty unoptimized.

But if you look on the rules page we have a "vote for the second server game mode" which not so many people have been voting because the new motd does not handle going to different urls too well. Most people still voted for a bigger map which is why we picked Retribution (Its down for now until I can fix some things on it)

No one really likes Downtown, its just a staple of DarkRP's maps. MOST players WILL play on downtown. Don't believe me?

bd42d5ad3a66747e9a8f453fe12a6ef5.png

The in the top 300 gmod servers, 50 servers use downtown. (Most of the other servers are different gamemodes like TTT / 1942RP).

Now sure, they may be a few evilmelon maps, a few of this and that but most people play on this map. Look at it like this: Would you rather play on a server with 20 people or play on a server with 38 people given it does not lag like last night (which is fixed I think now?)

We are actively making changes actively looking for feedback on what you guys want.

Believe it or not, Evilmelon is pretty unoptimized.

But if you look on the rules page we have a "vote for the second server game mode" which not so many people have been voting because the new motd does not handle going to different urls too well. Most people still voted for a bigger map which is why we picked Retribution (Its down for now until I can fix some things on it)

No one really likes Downtown, its just a staple of DarkRP's maps. MOST players WILL play on downtown. Don't believe me?

bd42d5ad3a66747e9a8f453fe12a6ef5.png

The in the top 300 gmod servers, 50 servers use downtown. (Most of the other servers are different gamemodes like TTT / 1942RP).

Now sure, they may be a few evilmelon maps, a few of this and that but most people play on this map. Look at it like this: Would you rather play on a server with 20 people or play on a server with 38 people given it does not lag like last night (which is fixed I think now?)

We are actively making changes actively looking for feedback on what you guys want.

I do think we have enough of a 'fanbase' to try a map change, maybe just for a wekk, see what happens, you once told us we were gonna be changing maps every month, but that never happened, so bringing back evilmelon just for a week or so to try and see what happens wouldn't be a bad idea on my opinion. And also, evilmelon runs at 50 fps, while the current map runs at 13-20.

I think you're looking at it from a bad angle. A lot of servers use downtown yes, but does that not give you a golden opportunity to make the server stand out? I remember a while back you said the same thing, a lot of servers use downtown, but I think that's a reason to change it back to evilmelon. People are tired of downtown, they've been playing it for ages. Putting the map back to evilmelon gives these players on these popular servers something new, or at least remotely different from the bland dull map of downtown. I have also noticed an fps drop on this map, but I assume it's because of something other than the mop like the models, but that's besides the point. I really believe that evilmelon will be beneficial for the server in the long run. Of course, like every time you change map you're mot likely going to lose players, but I feel you'll gain them back faster than from the switch from evilmelon to downtown. From the standpoint of someone wo has been playing on the server for quite some months now, especially back in the evilmelon days I just think downtown is so dull and, well just boring. But that's just me. You've probably noticed I haven't been playing 24/7 like I used to be, and that's quite significantly related to the fact that the new map to me just seems dull. Just my two cents, but hey go with he majority vote I guess.

I think you're looking at it from a bad angle. A lot of servers use downtown yes, but does that not give you a golden opportunity to make the server stand out? I remember a while back you said the same thing, a lot of servers use downtown, but I think that's a reason to change it back to evilmelon. People are tired of downtown, they've been playing it for ages. Putting the map back to evilmelon gives these players on these popular servers something new, or at least remotely different from the bland dull map of downtown. I have also noticed an fps drop on this map, but I assume it's because of something other than the mop like the models, but that's besides the point. I really believe that evilmelon will be beneficial for the server in the long run. Of course, like every time you change map you're mot likely going to lose players, but I feel you'll gain them back faster than from the switch from evilmelon to downtown. From the standpoint of someone wo has been playing on the server for quite some months now, especially back in the evilmelon days I just think downtown is so dull and, well just boring. But that's just me. You've probably noticed I haven't been playing 24/7 like I used to be, and that's quite significantly related to the fact that the new map to me just seems dull. Just my two cents, but hey go with he majority vote I guess.

Of course I want our server to stand out from the rest, who doesn't? I don't think changing maps is a bad thing except that we WILL lose players for 1 - 2 weeks (except on weekends because fuck school). It will just feel like old times. 14 - 24 players on the weekdays and filled on the weekends. As of now we are maxing out EVERY SINGLE DAY to the point where admins actually have to message me and say "Kick someone so I can join". I honestly don't think we have a big community. Is it bigger than it was 2 months ago? Fuck yes, it is far better than anything I have ever imagined, don't get me wrong. Its just I am looking out for you guys, no really I am.

If there has been anything I learned from hosting servers, playing on servers, joining any server in general its 

• No one wants to join a server with 0 - 8 people (Retribution server)
  • No one wants to join a server that will shit on their frames (Downtown is also not a good map considering its density so everyone renders everything basically)
  • No one wants to join a server that will take a hour to download all of its content (hence why I am trying to remove a lot of junk)

Overall, the reason why I am 50 / 50 for changing server #1's map is because I don't want people to leave, I want to have fun on my server as much as you guys and it blows playing with 0 - 16 people. Once they leave it gets harder for it to start up again. I can make server #2 Evilmelon but I will not just change the map based of 3 people voting yes. Join the second server and play on that map, its 90x better than Downtown and when you come back and say "I'm not going to join it because no one else is playing on it" then come back and say "I see where you're coming from now".

I am down for change, other people are not. They are not wired like us to have patience to download a map. If they see they have to download it, they have already pressed the disconnect button.

I'm pretty sure this was a post on the other website, when we switched maps our player base decreased by over 50%. Yes we did have a smaller community at the time, but our community isn't big enough to fill up a whole server. Like I said before on the old website or a previous post, nobody wants to play on a dead server.

Of course I want our server to stand out from the rest, who doesn't? I don't think changing maps is a bad thing except that we WILL lose players for 1 - 2 weeks (except on weekends because fuck school). It will just feel like old times. 14 - 24 players on the weekdays and filled on the weekends. As of now we are maxing out EVERY SINGLE DAY to the point where admins actually have to message me and say "Kick someone so I can join". I honestly don't think we have a big community. Is it bigger than it was 2 months ago? Fuck yes, it is far better than anything I have ever imagined, don't get me wrong. Its just I am looking out for you guys, no really I am.

If there has been anything I learned from hosting servers, playing on servers, joining any server in general its 

• No one wants to join a server with 0 - 8 people (Retribution server)
  • No one wants to join a server that will shit on their frames (Downtown is also not a good map considering its density so everyone renders everything basically)
  • No one wants to join a server that will take a hour to download all of its content (hence why I am trying to remove a lot of junk)

Overall, the reason why I am 50 / 50 for changing server #1's map is because I don't want people to leave, I want to have fun on my server as much as you guys and it blows playing with 0 - 16 people. Once they leave it gets harder for it to start up again. I can make server #2 Evilmelon but I will not just change the map based of 3 people voting yes. Join the second server and play on that map, its 90x better than Downtown and when you come back and say "I'm not going to join it because no one else is playing on it" then come back and say "I see where you're coming from now".

I am down for change, other people are not. They are not wired like us to have patience to download a map. If they see they have to download it, they have already pressed the disconnect button.

WHO. WHO IS LAZY ENOUGH TO NOT DOWNLOAD A FUCKING MAP.

41981E17FE4407C9599E346A7CB1FEF0D2FF1439

DDDAC53BE9AF1A6C8356144F42F05EB4E798DB4D

18404A25C4B88876613440FA9C0525422CC36B8E

This building literally can work as a bank. It's clearly made for Gun dealers as per the entrance on the other side. But it's so fucking spacious and nobody builds in here, ever.

It's also somewhat close to the PD, so it's fine. Move the bank over hereee.

41981E17FE4407C9599E346A7CB1FEF0D2FF1439

DDDAC53BE9AF1A6C8356144F42F05EB4E798DB4D

18404A25C4B88876613440FA9C0525422CC36B8E

This building literally can work as a bank. It's clearly made for Gun dealers as per the entrance on the other side. But it's so fucking spacious and nobody builds in here, ever.

It's also somewhat close to the PD, so it's fine. Move the bank over hereee.

Doesn't help the Framedrops me and Billy bob have, we both have a potato for a CPU. So does Hydralite HE CAN'T EVEN RUN FALLOUT NV I MEAN-