Lets talk balance

TitsRP

What to do with C4  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with C4

• Remove it entirely
    • Move it only to the Black Market Dealer
    • Make it only blow up 1 prop and no explosive damage
    • Move the real C4 to the Black Market dealer and make a modified one for custom classes (same as option 3)

I feel like Option#2 is the way to go. Option#3 and #4 are dumb.

To balance C4 you would need to work on how we make bases. People make those annoying defenses where it's opaque one side and the other side is see through. People would then enclose you on 3 sides making everything unseeable to the raiders, but it gives wallhacks to the defenders.

The reason why C4 became extensively used was to counter that nonsense of dealing with see through props and also being completely blocked off from seeing anything. I've been onto plenty of servers that don't allow one-way material on the fence with 50-64 players. It just means that people need to be more smart about basing. This also means that C4 will lose its purpose/value because it was only used to counter the bases that are normally impossible to raid because of one way props.

I strongly recommend you doing this regardless of that weak excuse of "we can't just transition randomly and not allow one-way props", we can, other servers have done it before, and if you're serious about balancing the server, then you need to do this. We don't want people to have the ability to snipe players through one way props with automatic sniper rifles (Dragunov SVU) or the Dragon Lore/Asiimov and kill them with little effort. There's no more point. That's why C4 was basically made to counter these overwhelming defenses. Except that C4 completely destroys your defenses which is why it going to BMD makes sense only if you stop the one-way view prop nonsense.

If you can stop the one-way props/two props, one way view (color tool exploit), then everything is fair game. Your server balance is fixed. People will have to use opaque materials on their props and can't use a damn exploit to their advantage while defending. If you think they should have one way props, then you need to hear me scream in Teamspeak because you don't play on the server and you probably haven't raided in like a year.

Yea, you're right. Its just hard to enforce and a LOT of bans / warns will be going out unless I force people to stop by blocking the color tool.

I originally voted for number 3 but now I think number 4 might be the best choice because it allows the players who have payed real money for their classes to use their C4 for what it is meant for which is to knock down a door, not to completely demolish a base. But it also allows anyone to have the overpowered C4 but for a price. I do think that C4 on spawn can be overpowered but if you were to modify it like you say your are going to it becomes more like a permanent lockpick that takes 30 seconds.

I originally voted for number 3 but now I think number 4 might be the best choice because it allows the players who have payed real money for their classes to use their C4 for what it is meant for which is to knock down a door, not to completely demolish a base. But it also allows anyone to have the overpowered C4 but for a price. I do think that C4 on spawn can be overpowered but if you were to modify it like you say your are going to it becomes more like a permanent lockpick that takes 30 seconds.

Yes, but people who paid real money would get a comp. Either it be $10 towards their custom classes, VIP, ingame cash or something. I can also swap it out for another $10 item. I may add back lightsabers once I filter out the silly playermodels.