Petition to change bank robber models

Mushroom

Should we change the Bank Robber models?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should we change the Bank Robber models?

• Keep the models the same!
    • Change the models to Payday 2 Models!

Im bored of the crappy bank robber model and I want to replace it.

"Oh what, the great Gywn, best admin NA, would you change the models to?

I'm glad you asked you complete loser!

I want to change the job models to include four models from the game Payday 2!

It is very fitting, seeing as their profession is indeed robbing banks, and the current model is very shitty.

Link to models: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=184396116&searchtext=

SIGN MY FUCKING PETITION RIGHT NOW.

- Gywn

i hope you realize that that is 23 mb just for a class to rob banks

Not worth (plus it could be more than 23 mb just the way it unpackages)

That could very well be because it also includes the NPCs, i'm sure it'd be less if we could take those out someway. (Or at least, that's wishful thinking.)

Ahhhhh Gazooks is speaking my language.

Listen, it's not like I want shitty models / low sized models / ect. It's just a lot better without it. A week or two before you came back we had Heaven's Angels as Tyrael. Everyone LOVED the model like HOLY shit it was awesome. Except.....the model was 24mb on the workshop. The way steam works is that it uses a compressed file format for gmas (file extension for gmod workshop addons). Unpacked, this Tyrael playermodel was like 140mb. That is the size of 8 - 9 playermodels. I don't want to have people downloading 3 - 4 Gigs worth of addons to join the server. If there is two things I learned from having a Gmod server is that 

1) People don't like change. (Countless attempts at changing the map and people just leave instantly)

2) People don't have patience (A lot of players that even play Gmod have a slow internet. A file like that can take 5 - 6 minutes for some people)

And also the Tyrael model actually lowered your FPS by 5 - 10 because of how fucking detailed it was. Also here is my proof

d3c2740216047f19ccdcddd8986a65b0.png

I also decided to see how big the Pay Day 2 models were and they were fine only being 3x more than their compressed format

619e98bf27c1ed3e7b7cab47614f4fc2.png

Just for reference of how big these models are compared to all the playermodels in the server

d945079f0e2260b21aa3f73dbc75ae74.png

Yes, you're looking at 180mb for ALL of the playermodels that non custom jobs use. (Custom job playermodels are in my workshop collection so I can easily remove them). This is the reason why we use default CSS playermodels and low weight playermodels. I have 2 playermodels packs. Back then I had 10. Yes TEN totaling at over a GIGABYTE of data.

105894c3a82b314ed367e5f5b4688573.png

So no, unfortunately this will not work out unless I add them in as VIP jobs or something which is always an exception for file size. I usually save file size for features instead of playermodels unless its 100% needed.

TL;DR   File size matters, they are big compared to all of our playermodels in the server