BoomBoxes not working with new songs

Mild Tsunami

Category:

Bug

Priority:

Low

Description:

Whenever I play a new song one that has probably not been cached by the server it never will play it states "There was an issue playing your song. Potentially try again or give it up tough guy."

How to reproduce:

I have tried playing "Paint the town red by Doja Cat" "Bad Idea right? By Olivia Rodrigo" to name a few to try and play on the boombox

I was able to reproduce the issue with both of these tracks, however it doesn't seem to be an issue for all "new" songs. One thing I noticed was that both of these tracks are from major commercial artists and both songs have been uploaded within the last month. I'm wondering if youtube had added some new protections for these types of uploads. 

This should be fixed in the next few minutes. So what was happening is: if trying to play a new song failed for whatever reason, the partial files would remain in the filesystem. Trying to play the same song again would fail because technically, the file already exists, however since this was only part of the song, it was not enough to play. I've actually purged over 5000 partial files (5000 songs) which would fail if you tried to play them. 🤪