Review of Harrassment rules

Xyleena

6 hours ago, Rubik said:

I appreciate your message and your method here, but I don't think this is a major issue on TitsRP and I think our current method of handling cases of harassment or abuse through reports on a case-by-case basis, as we have been for the past 8 years, is working fine. People can be edgy sometimes but everyone's pretty chill. I can not recall a single situation where someone has been bullied, a report has been brought to us, and nothing was done. We take that stuff pretty seriously. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve this process, feel free to reach out directly! My discord is @rbik 

edit: I think people just need to be reminded that at the end of the day, you don't know other people's history, their traumas, a shitty upbringing, family issues, abuse, their mental state, etc. Just be a nice to everyone and don't intentionally fuck with people. On the flip side, maybe your bully is going through some shit and no one ever taught them how to control their emotions or vent. Look at it for what it is and move on. Don't let their words / actions affect your ability to socialize with others, make friends or feel good about yourself.

I appreciate the response, and I have the same view with the last part actually, but like I Have been insulted through OOC  and an admin said just mute and move on, I kinda lost it there. 

I didn't want to state this, but I lost 4 of my trans friends to bullying (self harm), that's why I am excessively sensetrive about this topic, a few comments can ruin day or even make people feel like shit, to be honest when I would say I got bullied through OOC repeatedly by being called a man with OBVIOUS TRIVIAL malicious intent the guy has history of this behaviour , and AN ADMIN DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT SAYING MUTE made mad, mostly the 2nd part I lost lack of interest for doing anything I love for an entire day, I am fine now but this moderation kinda makes me want to stay away, I Shouldn't have to report this, it is clearly seen, an action at least player should be warned by the admin instead of saying mute to me. 

We may not have the same point of view, but I stayed there for the content regardless but when I say I don't actually feel safe there right now I mean it, it is currently best in terms of content and I admire the way you handle the server rubik but it is best if I take a step out and relieve tbh at least for now or until I can feel secure, keep it up though ❤️~

Edited by Xyleena
  • crybaby -1 1

3 hours ago, Ironfish1 said:

Hello Xyleena, thank you for taking the time out of your day to post this. I would like to point out a couple of flaws in this though; First and foremost the whole "cyber bullying" thing, sure bullying might be bad but it is the source of growth for a lot of people. It seems a tad silly to me that cyber bullying is apparently this big of an issue when it comes to gender identity or sexuality. If it was hate speech then I could understand it, however hate speech is not subjective just because it hurt your feelings. Hate Speech that is punishable by law is this; "hate speech can only be criminalized when it directly incites imminent criminal activity or consists of specific threats of violence targeted against a person or group.". You are asking us as a community to conform to every single persons ideals that comes in here? We already punish death threats and treat them very seriously; however it is absolutely ludicrous in my opinion to ask us to start moderating our community members in the aspect of who they call a dude or who they call a gal. Regardless grow a pair, seriously, it would be a different story if someone told you "hey go kill yourself" or "hey I hope you bleed out from your surgery going wrong". Those are vile and disgusting things to say to someone and will be treated as such, but you're asking us to nitpick so your feelings don't get hurt. If they are using slurs, death threats, or anything related to the aforementioned comments, that is a different story. I hope that I'm not coming off as aggressive, however the stance I'm taking on this is one that I believe you need to hear. I can promise you that us as a staff team will definitely be there when it is necessary, however for such trivial matters it's not anything we should be doing. We already don't allow slurs, we already don't allow death threats, I promise this is a decently tame community. All due respect, just grow some thicker skin.

Best Regards,

Ironfish1

Again in the post I stated that implying something is way worse than F slur , most people see F slur everywhere and are quite more tolerant, stuff that mean more or less the same thing but in different ways can be detrimental.

Not allowing a slur is appreciated, but just hating on someone for their innate characteristics and actively trying to ruin their mood is even worse? no? If you think otherwise I don't know why slurs are a problem then, they are both intending to hurt someone.

Again, the comment was just so good seeing thicker skin infuriates me, makes me wanna really blast, Where is the button to do it so I can? People might have some past trauma and may not be able to do that, I Have provided a lot of sources for you to read. You would be best psycholog by saying "just be happy lmao" to a someone with depression.

• crybaby -1 1

2 things can be true at the same time.

you should block people who make you not want to play but also report them if you feel it is particularly malicious, and if they try to circumvent blocking you should report it.

If you dont want to take any personal responsibility for your own experience you shouldnt expect others to be fully responsible for you.

i only read like 10% of your post maybe you already said what i typed out but it looks to me like a pity post because in my opinion the harassment rules are way more strict (and safe/inclusive) than anything you will find in real life or most places online.

• Thanks 2

• TitsRP locked this topic

Muting them should be your go-to. You are in control of what you can see and hear. If you don't like it, mute it. Hate speech and bullying is not allowed but we generally won't take action on someone unless there is a good pile of evidence (harassment) and or if the conversation is extremely vile. That's not to say we don't care but a lot of things can be solved with a mute. If things are being said in OOC or other global chats, that is a different story. If you have doubts, send a staff member a DM.

We'd like to help everyone, but you have to learn to help yourself first. On the flipside, I usually feel sorry for the people doing the bullying. It's rough not growing up in a home where you feel unloved and your under-educated. Usually, it's just a reflection of ignorance and their own struggles. Learn to not take it personal!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2