Disappearing items

liquid

Category:

Bug

Priority:

Medium

Description:

On rare occasion an item (or stack of items) can disappear if certain things are done. i am unsure if it is reproducible or if it just was a fluke, however, it should still be looked at.

How to reproduce:

you need two people for it to happen. If player 1 drops an item(s), right at the exact moment player 2 accepts a trade player 1 has previously sent, the said item is deleted.

I apologize for not having any recording of this.

This seems to be more of a networking and data issue but I also feel like this shouldn't be a huge issue. No one should be dropping items during a trade for any reason because you are in a trade. Best way to prevent this is just have sugar disable item dropping while in a trade window. Its really hard to prevent things like this because it can happen in any game depending on its code structure. 

Edited by MarkCX

On 4/7/2023 at 1:55 PM, MarkCX said:

This seems to be more of a networking and data issue but I also feel like this shouldn't be a huge issue. No one should be dropping items during a trade for any reason because you are in a trade. Best way to prevent this is just have sugar disable item dropping while in a trade window. Its really hard to prevent things like this because it can happen in any game depending on its code structure. 

you're right, but i encountered it because i was trading a lootbox to a friend, and instead of accepting the trade, they dropped money, then right as they accepted it after that, i had dropped the box and it disappeared, it would be very uncommon for anyone to encounter it but i thought it should still be listed here

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2023 at 9:01 PM, liquid said:

you're right, but i encountered it because i was trading a lootbox to a friend, and instead of accepting the trade, they dropped money, then right as they accepted it after that, i had dropped the box and it disappeared, it would be very uncommon for anyone to encounter it but i thought it should still be listed here

iirc relogging fixes this, this was because of a bug/exploit i found where u can drop money during a trade and the money in the trade menu still says there is x amount, but because you don't have that amount anymore the money isn't sent to the user but the item is. to fix the scam they made it so the trade completely cancels, but for some reason this breaks both player's inventories as any item used/dropped disappears, but upon relogging all the things came back so i think if u relog u should have it back

Edited by Tene