Crafting Bench Changes

BearPaws

I'm sure i'm not the only player who finds the current crafting system incredibly cumbersome and annoying... Checking recipe costs, spliting shipments in your inventory, dropping each shipment and then finally crafting your items. Instead I would love to see this mechanic reworked in the following way or something similar.

-instead lf having to place materials into the crafting bench and then picking your recipe the crafting bench can take materials directly from your inventory to craft recipes.

-instead of crafting instantly items take time to craft and the bench makes noise to potentially attract raiders.

-Crafting time should depend on the recipe and crafting multiple should add additional time that diminishes with the quantity (example crafting 1 bottle cap takes 30 seconds, crafting 2 takes 45, crafting 3 takes 50, crafting 4 takes 57, so on and so forth.)

-Destroying the crafting bench removes the all the materials and drops them in shipment form on the floor.

-Recipes cannot be canceled once started

I think this not only improves the experience of crafting stations but also adds yet another thing that raiders can potentially benefit from while raiding. 

58 minutes ago, bugman said:

If you think crafting times, specifically crafting times anywhere near a minute are reasonable, go play gmod stranded or underdone rpg. After the first 10 seconds you get bored, after the 30 you get annoyed, especially if you cant cancel it or do any other actions during it.

By no means do i think you should be stopped from doing other actions while your items are crafting, i think once you've started crafting the item you can walk away and it will complete itself and spit the shipment of the item out whenever its done. I also don't think that 1 minute is that bad with the scaling craft amounts. Waiting like 60 seconds to craft 10+ of anything isn't really that bad at all.. not to mention how often do you craft things anyway? Personally i'd much rather have to wait a minute for my items to craft then sit there and clumsily fumble through my inventory for over a minute dropping shipments into my crafting bench

Edited by BearPaws

3 hours ago, BearPaws said:

By no means do i think you should be stopped from doing other actions while your items are crafting, i think once you've started crafting the item you can walk away and it will complete itself and spit the shipment of the item out whenever its done. I also don't think that 1 minute is that bad with the scaling craft amounts. Waiting like 60 seconds to craft 10+ of anything isn't really that bad at all.. not to mention how often do you craft things anyway? Personally i'd much rather have to wait a minute for my items to craft then sit there and clumsily fumble through my inventory for over a minute dropping shipments into my crafting bench

If it takes you over a minute to get through your inventory and put them in I think you have other issues

• uhoh 1