Meth Consumption Camera Bug

really cool rat

Category:

Bug

Priority:

Low

Description:

When following the steps provided, every couple of minutes your first person camera will switch to the default position when you respawn in a single frame. Your character also makes a "ah" sound effect that typically plays when you die in CSGO.

The only way you can stop this effect from happening is to leave and rejoin the server. Changing jobs, consuming more meth, dying, etc. will NOT fix the bug.

There have been several instances where this bug occurs during a firefight which throws off my aim and more often than not gets me killed.

How to reproduce:

1. Create any type of meth
2. Pack meth on packing counter without a container (this will make the meth turn into a bag of meth)
3. Consume meth
Edited by really cool rat
Format Edit

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This sound indicates that the meth effect (also happens with some types of food) has worn off. The reason why it resets your view position is because when this effect is active, the server takes control of your player's movement as part of the effect. When this hook is removed I believe it just resets your view angles to whatever it was before the effect took place.