Looping Ambient Map Noises

Hairy Berry

Question

Hi guys,

So it seems that whenever I join the server, there is this really loud looping background noise coming from the map. It mostly just sounds like looping hl2 ambient noises and it is extremely loud and I'm unsure on how to fix it. Is there anyone who has any idea on what I can do?

Here is a small example of the noises that are looping: https://youtu.be/SclHuuNTko0

Edited by Hairy Berry
Added Link For Example

2 answers to this question

First, check your subscribed addons. What I would recommend is unsubscribe to everything and start fresh. Shut down gmod and relaunch to see if that fixes your issue. If not, delete the following folders in your gmod files, shut down, and relaunch. 

• Addons
  • downloads
  • downloading
  • cache

If that STILL doesn’t fix your issue, you will need to reinstall garrysmod. This is most likely caused by am addon or other server content overwriting default hl2 sounds. 

6 minutes ago, HIDDEN said:

While you should do what Rubik mentioned, I think the actual issue you're having is check if you have game content mounted, such as Half-Life 2/Ep1/Ep2 or Source. I am fairly sure that the looping ambient noises is caused by soundscapes around the map with nothing inside of them, which causes the default/first half life 2 noises to play. Try unmounting the content as it isn't required for the server (only CS:S content is required).

Regardless if this works or not, you can type 'stopsound' in console to stop all sounds, however if it is the soundscape issue I mentioned above it might just start back up again if you're in an area with an empty soundscape.

I tried and Now the noises have changed to like a warzone sound. Strange...

Edited by Hairy Berry