Opinions on allowing staff to have more fun with commands within reason?

Blue.

10 hours ago, Sugar Tits said:

This goes both ways. If you want to use those for events, by all means. It gives the commands a purpose. If you want to joke around and physgun other staff in admin land (within reason) then its all fun and games.

The issue I have is when you start using !hp and !armor for staff battles or other situations in admin land. Say you have staff chilling in admin land and they want to use commands on each other so they start setting each others health to crazy values and overall being silly. There are plenty of weird situations where that can turn sour.

• The commands clutter the chat and no one wants to see that
  • Players who do not know what you're doing will wonder what staff are doing and if they're actually abusing their powers
  • Newer players who see staff being all loose with their powers may be a huge turn off. No one likes to see staff setting their health to 10,000. They will assume that if staff are doing that, they are probably doing other unwanted things.
  • As Tass said, there will definitely be circumstances where the staff member sets their health to 20,000 and forgets to set it back which leads to a whole report of abuse of powers and essentially makes us say "Stop this"

As for who would get these commands, I would say Senior Mod and above should be the only people who have access. Reason being is that if any of the above points happen and the moderator get reported, it may get thrown away as "He is a mod and he didn't know". Once you're a senior moderator, you definitely will know the consequences. I am all for having fun but you really have to ask yourself if it's worth it. Is it worth being a potential turn off to players just to shoot each other with 5,000 health

10 hours ago, Rubik said:

If you just want HP and armor commands and stuff for events, maybe a new tool like the Adminstick just for events would be appropriate. Only staff would be notified of it being used and it could only be used on people in your general area (ie in an event arena or something)

I think some form of silent commands would be nice. An "Event Stick" of sorts. Would there be ANY way to make it to where when someone leaves sit land that all effects are reset? That sounds like a lot of work but it might not be?

In the end, at least my personal experiences, staff mess around with eachother in sitland when there are no sits, either that or they just mess with eachother in the mainland.

For all the discussion about possible abuse and bad imagery on the server, there could also be guidelines we enforce on staff.

All in all, I think it'd be nice to be able to slap my friend across sitland a hundred times every once in a while without having to be concerned with reports or being yelled at by upper staff.
Do i require to? Nah. Is it something I feel I deserve? Absolutely not. Would it be fun and harmless if done properly and was a silent command? I think so.

Give Smods some of the goofy fadmin commands

Edited by Blue.

7 hours ago, HIDDEN said:

As a previous staff I am -1 for this, obviously I think staff SHOULD be allowed to have fun and I don't think anybody is going to get angry if you're dicking around physgunning weapon crates in admin land, however a couple of things that I think should be noted

* The point of being staff is to try and help out the server by taking sits, making sure the rules stay followed, dealing with unban/staff applications, etc and not to dick around while obviously it's ok to do that stuff some of the time it shouldn't be the main focus at all

* The point of staff commands is to either allow you or convenience you to do what you volunteered to do, for example we give you logs so that you can try and work out what happened during a sit, however we do NOT want you to use logs to try and figure out weither someone is AFK in their base full of entities or if someone you just kidnapped pm'd there friends for backup. I think commands like hp, armor, maul, ragdoll, etc don't really aid you with staffing

* As a player I personally would feel really frustrated if it felt like my sits aren't being taken because the staff team aren't doing what they had volunteered to do and instead are just dicking around in sit land

* Having more commands can definitely be abused, for example there have been situations in the past where an SMOD or an ADMIN gets bored and uses their commands to spam racist words on peoples screen or jail random people in spawn, if we gave people more unnecessary commands they may feel more tempted to abuse them for the lolz if they no-longer intend on sticking around anyways. Even if that is NOT the situation speaking from first hand experience and even what rubik had mentioned I see alot of issues arising from things like "I didn't think you'd mind" or "I thought you were AFK" where a joke gets out of hand. I personally found it kinda annoying when I was staff where other staff would randomly fly around me or physgrab me for no reason during my sit and I feel like more situlations like that will arise if we ENCOURAGE this kind of behaviour.

Obviously I think it's fine to have fun as staff, since let's be real 60% of the reason we all applied were the cool perks and commands that come with being staff instead of the work, but that's still an essential part of staffing and unlike other gamemodes DarkRP can barely function if the staff aren't doing their jobs correctly. I am guilty of doing silly things, for example when I was staff I would sometimes walk up to people in spawn and say "wanna see a magic trick" and I would physgun their feet for like 5 seconds but I can see how even that can be annoying for some people. I DON'T think anybody should be demoted or anything for doing something like this but I don't think it should be encouraging.

Mainland is definitely a no fly zone, and it's quite disrespectful to mess with someone in a sit.

I think the biggest issue is that it's a pipe dream to expect all staff to just NOT abuse and misuse commands in serious situations.

I'd have no issues having self control, and I know many others who wouldn't either. but that's not to say there won't be staff who just can't help themselves and HAVE to freeze their friends in the mainland or something.

I get that

Edited by Blue.

8 hours ago, Blue. said:

I think some form of silent commands would be nice. An "Event Stick" of sorts. Would there be ANY way to make it to where when someone leaves sit land that all effects are reset? That sounds like a lot of work but it might not be?

In the end, at least my personal experiences, staff mess around with eachother in sitland when there are no sits, either that or they just mess with eachother in the mainland.

For all the discussion about possible abuse and bad imagery on the server, there could also be guidelines we enforce on staff.

All in all, I think it'd be nice to be able to slap my friend across sitland a hundred times every once in a while without having to be concerned with reports or being yelled at by upper staff.
Do i require to? Nah. Is it something I feel I deserve? Absolutely not. Would it be fun and harmless if done properly and was a silent command? I think so.

Give Smods some of the goofy fadmin commands

Why would you need to make an "event stick" of some sorts and code it so effects reset when you leave sit land just so staff can mess around with their powers? Just fling your friend around with a physgun if you wanna mess with them. There is no reason to really allow this.