Added offences dictionary

BRCD | SEIGN

add a term definition for new players  

8 members have voted

1. 1. add a term definition for new players

:doge: When i first started DarkRP the terms were a little confusing and i had no idea what they meant so i eventually just asked people to my shame 

so what I'm proposing is that they add a command that can bring up a small tab in the top right that gives you a list of term definitions things like (RDM: that act of blah blah blah)

i personally would enjoy this and i thank you for your time

But we already have a terminologies section in the motd, with general overviews and examples included too?

We do but ive been noticing players dont take the time to read it, they would just close and go

But we already have a terminologies section in the motd, with general overviews and examples included too?

We do but ive been noticing players dont take the time to read it, they would just close and go

Then what makes you think they'll read a different dictionary pasted on a different webpage? That would be even LESS likely to be read since it doesnt pop up in game.

It's a user's choice whether or not they read the MOTD. They can either wing it and get punished for not following the rules, or they can read over it and follow by it. Adding something like this will just take up unnecessary space the server has.

If you're confused what terms mean what, then you might need to go back to school or something since the MOTD goes over every terminology that's relevant on this server. 

you fat snail fucker

I've found that no matter what your screen size is, when the rules pop up you will generally always see

hecko and welcome to our server! Below, you can find all of our rules!

Not reading the rules is your own fault, our rules differ from most servers

1. Either you are choosing to say you are familiar with DarkRP and "don't need" to read our rules or

2. You are new to the gamemode and don't know what the terminology is, but are still choosing to not read the basic rules and guidelines for the server you joined.

I would argue fault lies with the player and there isn't much additional we can do. Adding another menu may confuse newer players and would serve the exact same, if not less useful, purpose as telling them "Do !motd and read the section on what RDM is, also read the rest of what applies to your current RP while you're at it"