Ideas on expanding a community?

TitsRP

I want to attempt to at least expand into something more. Make more of a community. Something that makes us a place to check out. Any ideas?

I don't want to force players or people to come here or make it seem like we are trying too hard.

What I don't want to do

• Players join and they HAVE to join the steam group.
  • Players join and have a daily reward if they come every day (feels like a chore)
  • A server advertisement on a forum (please just don't. Really, don't)
  • A server youtube video (fuck jesus no again, please no)
  • A giveaways every week for games (I think that's just trying to hard and wasting $)

What is not out of the question

• Opening more server on Gmod (we all know how that turned out..)
  • Opening server on more games (Rust, CSGO, Arma, ect)
  • Making actual server addons that make us unique instead of scriptfodder shit

I am kinda out of ideas on what is not out of the question. I don't know how bad you guys would want my ideas of features I can make in the server. I was thinking more options for:

Restaurant owner (roll your own pizza dough, put on the sauce, cheese, toppings then put it into the oven and wait 20 - 30 seconds for a Koz Pizza, but also note I can't model for shit so I have no clue where I could get a oven model, I would probably use the default gmod model)

PD unarrest zone, when an arrested player walks out of the PD he will be automatically unarrested (actually makes jailbreaks worth something)

I was going to make a raffle system but its kinda hard to learn 4 languages at once (php, lua, mysql, jQuery) so its probably better to start small then expand off there.

If you have any suggestions what addons would be cool that have not been made aleady, let me know. Also any suggestions on what we can do as a community to gather and expand would be cool too. What made you join this site and what makes you join other sites?

The PD Unarrest Zone sounds like a sick idea. I was thinking of potentially having npcs on the server (like quest givers) that just give you basic tasks for rewards (like guns, shipments, money, perhaps even a car). I've ran into a few servers that had this type of system, it kind of gave incentive to actually rp.

Have you looked into hiring a coder? They might be pricey, though.

I think the jailbreak idea is a good thing to add like you said giving jailbreaks meaning instead of waiting.

One of my ideas is addons to classes/jobs, for example making meth is somewhat fun.

Maybe the addition of slot machines would be a good idea? cause who doesn't like to gamble.

I don't know if this is a decent idea or not but im just throwing ideas around but maybe including some way to level up by doing tasks like say buy a car or complete a hit with a pistol i think things like that would be a good idea.

I think the jailbreak idea is a good thing to add like you said giving jailbreaks meaning instead of waiting.

One of my ideas is addons to classes/jobs, for example making meth is somewhat fun.

Maybe the addition of slot machines would be a good idea? cause who doesn't like to gamble.

I don't know if this is a decent idea or not but im just throwing ideas around but maybe including some way to level up by doing tasks like say buy a car or complete a hit with a pistol i think things like that would be a good idea.

When you are talking adding addons to classes and jobs do you mean give players more options to make money? We used to have weed plants but they were kinda iffy. I'm almost positive I can find another option for it.

We used to have slot machines. They lagged the heck out of the server FPS wise and cpu wise. Not that many people used them but I guess its the little things that count. I don't know if they will be making a comeback.

Another option I was thinking of is adding onto the restraint addon. Making it so if you press like... F6 or something on the player you have restrained it would say "*KidnappingPlayer* is about to sacrifice *PlayerKidnapped*, save him, you have 60 seconds!"

Also Cyclone, I would rather not pay someone else to code my sever when I am pretty capable myself of doing it.

I also thought about releasing a ton of workshop content and linking it back to this forum if they wanted to learn more or have a discussion. I have no clue what swep I would want to make though.

I agree with most of your ideas, however I think the level up idea isnt fun, just from my perspective because you might not get to play as your favorite job until, say lvl 20 which could take a long time and then there might be a vote for if you get the job or not which is why I leave a server right away if there is A level system.

I'll list a couple of things off that I think are a good idea.

1) Custom Map

2) Remove and add jobs

3) Mining for ore to craft into valuble items

by addons i just mean tools for said class to use for example the handcuffs were a great addon to the cp and for the classes that can kidnap.

imo simple stuff makes the class more fun to use and by adding more things the class can use players could be tempted to try everything on that class if that makes sense.

also the restraints message should be added, i think it would give the cops more of a duty or even just players in general. Say you get kidnapped you usually are gagged so you cant call for help. Maybe adding in some kind of bartering system say 1k to get your friend back? i dont know.

Maybe adding in m9k weapons you become proficient in using like in some ttt servers for example making you reload alittle bit faster or slower fire rate but abit more damage. again just throwing around ideas

by addons i just mean tools for said class to use for example the handcuffs were a great addon to the cp and for the classes that can kidnap.

imo simple stuff makes the class more fun to use and by adding more things the class can use players could be tempted to try everything on that class if that makes sense.

also the restraints message should be added, i think it would give the cops more of a duty or even just players in general. Say you get kidnapped you usually are gagged so you cant call for help. Maybe adding in some kind of bartering system say 1k to get your friend back? i dont know.

Maybe adding in m9k weapons you become proficient in using like in some ttt servers for example making you reload alittle bit faster or slower fire rate but abit more damage. again just throwing around ideas

I don't want it feel like play to win either. I feel as that would drive people away (just like a leveling system). Once someone is so high up, whats the point because when you join you will just be destroyed. I also feel as the server is pay to win now which was never my intention. I want regular users to have fun and I also want other users that want to help the server to feel powerful too.

Maybe a good line is: Any workshop weapon you have bought will be placed on the Black Market Dealer for like 750,000 a shipment of 5? That way players will always have a way to gain these weapons and feel as powerful as anyone else. Of course the price would be adjusted. Tom's m4a1 would be like 200,000 while the dragonlore would be 900,000 plus. 

I don't know if this is a good idea or not but it would also give users a chance to really farm money and make some sort of goal? I could ask anyone who purchased a workshop weapon if they would allow me to do that. If they said yes I would allow them $10 to spend on their custom class, I mean it would only be a shipment of 5 weapons for an insane amount. It would also be listed as "SuperKermit's Awp Dragonlore" "Tyrone's Mosin" ect..

Also what about a system where users can purchase VIP for $5,000,000 in game money + they must have 30+ hours played

I don't want it feel like play to win either. I feel as that would drive people away (just like a leveling system). Once someone is so high up, whats the point because when you join you will just be destroyed. I also feel as the server is pay to win now which was never my intention. I want regular users to have fun and I also want other users that want to help the server to feel powerful too.

Maybe a good line is: Any workshop weapon you have bought will be placed on the Black Market Dealer for like 750,000 a shipment of 5? That way players will always have a way to gain these weapons and feel as powerful as anyone else. Of course the price would be adjusted. Tom's m4a1 would be like 200,000 while the dragonlore would be 900,000 plus. 

I don't know if this is a good idea or not but it would also give users a chance to really farm money and make some sort of goal? I could ask anyone who purchased a workshop weapon if they would allow me to do that. If they said yes I would allow them $10 to spend on their custom class, I mean it would only be a shipment of 5 weapons for an insane amount. It would also be listed as "SuperKermit's Awp Dragonlore" "Tyrone's Mosin" ect..

Also what about a system where users can purchase VIP for $5,000,000 in game money?

Damn, I wish this was a feature when I first played this sounds great

Don't know if this was already said but How about more jobs?

- Repo man

Takes Illegally parked

cars to the impound lot

and releases them back to

the owner at a fee

-  Paramedic 

Can revive dead players

- Vip Gun Dealer

Can sell more guns than

your average gun dealer

Features

- Notes players can sign and write on

- Change the Weapon checker to a Metal detector

- Add a SWAT Van or Truck

These are some of my ideas, I will add more as I think of them. Of course if these ideas to get used I can help design the rules for the class.

" timestamp="1426120443"]

Don't know if this was already said but How about more jobs?

- Repo man

Takes Illegally parked

cars to the impound lot

and releases them back to

the owner at a fee

-  Paramedic 

Can revive dead players

- Vip Gun Dealer

Can sell more guns than

your average gun dealer

Features

- Notes players can sign and write on

- Change the Weapon checker to a Metal detector

- Add a SWAT Van or Truck

These are some of my ideas, I will add more as I think of them. Of course if these ideas to get used I can help design the rules for the class.

I feel as the repo man would be played VERY little. Due to the fact that not many players have or can afford cars. Plus there would probably be that one guy who just abuses the shit out of it.

Paramedic seems cool but that also means that players would have to wait when their dead. Like 15 - 30 seconds until (Revive now) pops up or w/e. This idea would probably work really well in Serious RP but not in Semi-Serious. When people die, they just want to respawn and bitch how they were RDMed.

VIP Gun dealer sounds kinda eh. No VIP would play as a gun dealer that can sell better weapons, people barely play gun dealer anyway unless they just self supply themselves.

Notes players can sign and write on is a default feature. You just do /write hecko this is a note    then press enter, it will spawn one.

Weapon Checker to Metal Detector, yea I have seen that but I will have to see.

Swat Truck, we used to have that. I can add it back in, removed it when we got rid of cars for like 5 days.

Its hard to make more jobs just because what else can you POSSIBLY add. Yes these jobs offer something new but to be honest, I just don't think they fit in with the style we play. Back when we used to have 85+ jobs, it was mainly rehashed jobs, over and over and over. Rebels was just a faction against the mayor. Hybrids was just a faction against the Sewer People. Pissed Baby is just a faction against the Pedos, Is it nice to have these jobs? Sure but in reality they are not touched much and its just kinda "there".

If you have a job like these that offer a new element of gameplay to the server, don't hesitate to tell me.