Cops Basing

Levenaye

So I just learned of the "Cops can base" rule that was added and I was thinking of the rule over and thought "What a shitty rule".

The reason I think this rule is so bad is because of the fact that cops can base, but can't make money.

If you think about it, it's pretty logical. Non-cops that want a specific spot to start building and making money can't have the place because of some cop owning the base and making no money from it. Also, cops are suppose to be around the PD or on the streets doing their job, not basing.

The most logical thing to do about this is remove the rule, or allow cops to base in the hotel in front of the fountain.

Sugar, if there is actually a very good reason, let me know because I do NOT see any reason for cops owning bases.

9ec180b0aca2f05504dc84f23d8272b0.png

I think the reason that Sugar added the rule is to have more roleplay oppurtunity. Before the rule was added we CP were always forced to use the PD as a base, and it's as cramped as a men's locker. With this rule added, we can make a headquarter for CP, checkpoints, sniper tower, etc. The possibility is endless. If you've been on the server at all, then you know that people had starts building checkpoints as PD and actually do some roleplaying, instead of just raiding and arresting people

So I just learned of the "Cops can base" rule that was added and I was thinking of the rule over and thought "What a shitty rule".

The reason I think this rule is so bad is because of the fact that cops can base, but can't make money.

If you think about it, it's pretty logical. Non-cops that want a specific spot to start building and making money can't have the place because of some cop owning the base and making no money from it. Also, cops are suppose to be around the PD or on the streets doing their job, not basing.

The most logical thing to do about this is remove the rule, or allow cops to base in the hotel in front of the fountain.

I actually talked to some people about this (Staff including) and they agree with me that it's such a stupid rule.

Sugar, if there is actually a very good reason, let me know because I do NOT see any reason for cops owning bases.

I think the reason that Sugar added the rule is to have more roleplay oppurtunity. Before the rule was added we CP were always forced to use the PD as a base, and it's as cramped as a men's locker. With this rule added, we can make a headquarter for CP, checkpoints, sniper tower, etc. The possibility is endless. If you've been on the server at all, then you know that people had starts building checkpoints as PD and actually do some roleplaying, instead of just raiding and arresting people

I've been on the server for the past 2 weeks now, and I haven't seen any of this, so I don't know if people have actually used this for good. People can easily set checkpoints in the hotel, like I said before. Good point for sniping people from the PD.

I actually talked to some people about this (Staff including) and they agree with me that it's such a stupid rule.

I've been on the server for the past 2 weeks now, and I haven't seen any of this, so I don't know if people have actually used this for good. People can easily set checkpoints in the hotel, like I said before. Good point for sniping people from the PD.

Well maybe you haven't but from my anecdote I had. Plus the main reason is ROLEPLAY

Quoting Sugar:"There really isn't a point to allow CP to base but it beats working your way around that horrid PD. I think a lot of cool scenarios can come out of PD "basing" but at the same time there is no point to do so. Although, they can use bitminers if you didn't already know that so it's a bit more income for the PD in general. I am more for it than against it."

I strongly agree with Race's opinion on CP basing. 

If anybody is going to counter this post with saying something like "The pd is too small" or "The Mayor needs to be safe so hiding else where is great". Then go mass rdm and get ban because majority of the time, when mayor place their props into pd to stop from assassin, they let other PD into his/her office to "protect". You can always protect the Mayor outside of his/her/it props, you do not need to be inside the office sucking the Mayor's dick or something. 

Front PD is allowed to lock the front door btw! 

You can always use the front for additional building.

I understand the checkpoints thing, as long as it's done correctly and not just a fucking annoying wall with no1 around. Even wanting to build the sniper towers and building a PD Headquarters right next to the PD. BUT there isn't a reason for a cop to own anything not directly next to the PD IMO.

I understand the checkpoints thing, as long as it's done correctly and not just a fucking annoying wall with no1 around. Even wanting to build the sniper towers and building a PD Headquarters right next to the PD. BUT there isn't a reason for a cop to own anything not directly next to the PD IMO.

Good point, im fine with that as long as I can build checkpoints or defense structures.