Clarifying Weapon Rules: Brandishing, Checks, and Arrests

elonmusk

RuleHaving a firearm without a license: If you are searched and possess a weapon without a license you can be arrested. Police need a valid RP reason or probable cause to randomly search you for illegal weapons. (ex. You advertise illegal items/services for sale, you brandish a firearm, or you have an active bounty). — You can be arrested for these actions

The rules specify that unlicensed possession and brandishing of firearms warrant a weapon check. Is brandishing defined as merely holding a weapon, or does it involve actively aiming or flaunting it? For example, if I'm roleplaying as Chucky and holding a knife, does that count as brandishing that justifies a check? If any illegal weapon is discovered during such a check, regardless of type, does that lead to arrest?

I'm trying to determine: Does merely holding a weapon without a license, regardless of type, justify a weapon check and potentially lead to arrest? If so, why do the rules specify only firearms as illegal unless any weapon is discovered upon search?

Instances of Arrest for Holding a Knife:

Using the handcuff menu, if someone repeatedly warrants a fine, am I allowed to arrest them? For example, if I fine someone for building in the streets and they continue, does that warrant an arrest or should I just fine them again?

• crybaby -1 1

4 hours ago, elonmusk said:

RuleHaving a firearm without a license: If you are searched and possess a weapon without a license you can be arrested. Police need a valid RP reason or probable cause to randomly search you for illegal weapons. (ex. You advertise illegal items/services for sale, you brandish a firearm, or you have an active bounty)

I think this is worded dumb. It should say Having a weapon without a license if the next sentence will say weapon which includes knives and shit. 

Is brandishing defined as merely holding a weapon, or does it involve actively aiming or flaunting it?

Just holding a weapon makes the most sense and we as staff cant see in logs that someone looked at you with a gun. If someone is holding a gun that clues you in that they could have other shit on them.

For example, if I'm roleplaying as Chucky and holding a knife, does that count as brandishing that justifies a check?

The example says brandishing a firearm not a weapon. Again this shit needs to be reworded

If any illegal weapon is discovered during such a check, regardless of type, does that lead to arrest?

"If you are searched and possess a weapon without a license you can be arrested." The confusion is again because the thing is worded dumb and it should say "Having a weapon without a license" or it should remove the mentions of weapons in it and change it to firearms.

Using the handcuff menu, if someone repeatedly warrants a fine, am I allowed to arrest them? For example, if I fine someone for building in the streets and they continue, does that warrant an arrest or should I just fine them again?

I would say it warrants an arrest unless someone here wants to argue that you should fine the person till they reach 0 dollars and get sent to jail for not being able to pay the fine.

• Thanks 1