During my shift as an undercover officer, I suspected a man was carrying an illegal weapon and confirmed it upon search; he was unlicensed. However, I was called into an admin sit under the pretext of RDA. There, I clarified that my arrest was justified by the 'Illegal Activities' section of the rules, which allows arrests for unlicensed weapons if there's probable cause—like his firearm brandishing.
In response, the administrator pointed out unwritten rules that contradict the official ones, claiming my arrest was unjustified without explicit laws against weapons.
I'm writing to clarify: Is there truly an unwritten rule that conflicts with our formal policies? If so, why haven't the official rules been updated to reflect this? The existence of unwritten rules often leads to confusion, as I discover them only upon facing penalties. How can I adhere to rules I'm unaware of until it's too late?
For additional context, here’s the video link:
On a different note, as a role-playing police officer, can citizens be fined for offenses listed in the handcuff menu, like building in the streets, without specific laws from the Mayor or established default laws?
Furthermore, I seek clarity on the NLR rule, especially regarding the action of 'wanting' someone after they've killed you. The rule advises using best judgment for scenarios like returning to a place of death, but it doesn't address 'wanting' someone directly. This ambiguity complicates enforcement, as the rule seems to lean on subjective interpretation. Could this action be justifiably included under the current guidelines of the NLR rule, particularly given the server's flexible approach to rule violations?
Additionally, the 'Illegal Activities' section explicitly states that unlicensed weapons are illegal. This raises a question: am I authorized to arrest anyone brandishing a firearm without a license, regardless of whether it's part of their spawn equipment or custom class? Does this rule also allow me to penalize individuals found with illegal weapons upon search, irrespective of how they acquired them?