Community Removals

Tene

Most community removals I’ve seen/heard of have been due to sexually criminal actions. Those two are not a good mix, and it’s a sensitive topic, sensitive enough in my opinion to not want to gossip about it with an entire game server. I think without a doubt that there should be more transparency, and should statements be asked for about a community removal, an agreed upon statement with details on what happened should be in the very least given to those who ask. I spent super long trying to figure out why my old friend got community removed, and it was incredibly annoying and disheartening being told “We know, and we won’t tell you. Join the staff team lol.” I would much prefer an open dialogue about things, especially when it comes to longtime members.

Outside of that though, I understand why only smods Get free rein over comm removal reasonings. Simply put, the staff team is large and diverse, and as much as I trust them and like them, there’s nothing from stopping things from becoming widespread drama that exists to a capacity that gets in the way of things on a higher more internal level such as server management and development. The last thing I want is for this gossip to repeat itself in staff chats as well. On top of this there is already major backlash when people are told the reasonings. Everyone has different beliefs/morals, and we can’t control that. The only thing we can control is how much drama one statement can cause. 

I am fully against letting everyone run their mouths on what happened. I’ve been tiptoeing around it but the truth is that there are too many people to keep a lid on the kind of drama that would start, and I’ve seen rampant lies create some pretty nasty beef on this server. I feel this is no different. This being said, though, I think that if asked, people deserve to know, and a statement should be made in a more official capacity. At the end of the day we’re talking about a game server, and we’re talking about people being banned from a game server. There’s no huge reason to keep secrets, just reasons to want to stay away from creating unnecessary drama. Y’all deserve transparency, the mod team does too. I just think it needs to be done right, and needs to be received in a mature way that does not create unnecessary drama or feed into any kind of harassment. 

• Like 3
  • thumbdown -1 1

14 hours ago, WantedNearby said:

Uncommunity remove bone thank you. rushed vote that took place in like 2 hours at 3am 👍

My Discord is linked on my profile, please send any info you have my way and I will pass the message along for you. 

• Failfish 1
  • thumbdown -1 1