Kingdom Portal Base Req's

Scolio

I've made several bases here now and every time I go through the same process 4 times now;

1. Make base in Kingdom

2. Staff member dies because the defenses are ridiculously op

3. Rules made up on the spot cause one of the rules is "follow staff instructions"

4. Base deleted/kicked from server/etc, hours of progress lost along with printers stolen by staff friends because stuck in sit/frozen/kicked/etc while their friends take everything.

I'm hoping to get a definitive, in writing explanation as to what the actual *rules* are for this.

Apologies if incorrect area, and I've of course video of the most recent encounter if requested.

Thanks in advance!

4 minutes ago, Abstergo McStubbins said:

As far as I know, yes. Refer to the image I posted for a rough outline of the build area. If you try and spawn a prop and nothing happens, you're inside the no build zone. Also, do keep this rule in mind: "Do not force other players to get stuck, if they can't move it's not RP".

Also, it's perfectly reasonable to expect professionalism from the people who are supposed to be helping you enjoy the game. If somebody wants to drag you to a sit and show their ass, you should definitely pass that information on.

I appreciate the concern, genuinely.

What about distance from the ground? Can I place a roof? Since you cannot spawn it in the no build area, and cannot spawn it off of it and move it in?

25 minutes ago, Abstergo McStubbins said:

You can have a roof, I actually do usually have a roof about 6 props thick on that dupe, I just removed it for clarity. The no build area in theory is supposed to be a box, roughly twice as high as the kingdom portal itself. Spawning and moving a roof into that area should be no issue. It's really just about not having props too close to people who just teleported in, because it makes the already oppressive base defences impossible to overcome (or even see) before you die. This has been causing a lot of problems lately, and I'll bring it up in staff chat and hopefully I can come back to you with a more precise definition of the exact rules around it.

There has actually been a bug recently where sometimes players are able to spawn props in the area they aren't supposed to, and I think that this might have been the source of your confusion. For some context, people spawning props outside of the no build zone and dragging them in has been a reocurring issue and staff tend to assume that is what happened if they aren't aware that the game has simply shit itself.

Great., thanks bunches. What about a floor? Can I have a floor that sits off of the map ground? Nothing glitchy or to force crouching but a different secret entirely

6 minutes ago, Scolio said:

Great., thanks bunches. What about a floor? Can I have a floor that sits off of the map ground? Nothing glitchy or to force crouching but a different secret entirely

if you cant place a prop, dont, for now.

2 minutes ago, Scolio said:

That would include a ceiling which is why I ask about a floor lol. 

a ceiling would be fine, I believe the barrier is a square, and finite, so finding the end might be tricky but if you do go for it 👍

Edited by Blue.

18 minutes ago, Blue. said:

movement sweps, or switch to king, make propclimb allowed, and propclimb high enough.

After a quick test, the no build zone is much higher than the "allowed" picture shown earlier in this thread. 

https://gyazo.com/7aeadc898b62db39b6c69aa656e0020b

This image is an example of where you still cannot build.

After further testing it does not go all the way to the roof but mostly.

Edited by Scolio