Kidnapping Changes

dim

Should any of these changes should be implemented?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should any of these changes should be implemented?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure / No opinion

What's poppin', it's ya favorite rulebreaker with some suggestions before I get permaed. And it covers kidnapping. Now, I know what 3/4 of you all are thinking: Jesus Christ, you cock-brained weeaboo, didn't Gekido JUST cover this?' Yeah. You're right. But, considering he ignored my suggestion (old drama) and only one person seemed to notice, I'll make a thread for it. 

What I suggest is mainly a modification to ransom boxes. Which is, to say, remove them completely. I think a new deal is thus; completely forgo ransom boxes, considering nobody uses or pays them usually, and replace them with a box in the mid-left - held constant for all kidnapped people - where voting for demotions and jobs occurs. The box would come into effect the second the victim wakes up and stay for the entire kidnapped allotted time - also seconds as a timer for when victims can commit suicide and get out of there hole. For kidnappers to edit said amount, the command should be something along the lines of . The amount should be set between $100 and $5000. Anything below $100 is just purposeful minging, like kidnapping for a dollar (fuck cops who fine for a dollar) and anything above $5000 is just cruel to some poor players and would remove traffic from our server. If the kidnapper doesn't modify the amount, it should be defaulted to $1000.

Another suggestion is a tool for the regular every day player to save a kidnapped player. This includes ones trapped in their cages and ones that are knocked out. A defibrillator, possibly, to bring the knocked out ones (especially ones left on the ground) that takes 3-5 seconds to wake them up. Ones that are trapped should be let out by a 'Fake Identity Card' or some other such that would let the person out, while sacrificing their current jobs, setting them to Citizen, and removing all items on kidnapped players toolbar, which would take 7-10 seconds.

Yet another is to possibly add a talisman called 'Lucky Break' or some such that makes it so that you wake up from your kidnap with a lockpick. It would help the kidnapped person escape without the help of party members. It would be especially good for people who are just building and get fucked over by a douchebag CC.

In turn to all of these changes, I suggest that maybe kidnapping should only be AoS again. This isn't a huge deal to me, but I think it would level out the playing field on both sides.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy and appreciate these suggestions, which overall would make it easier to kidnap, but harder to keep hostages. I honestly feel like this would make the titsRP community a bit less toxic, and, in turn, not undermining the kidnappers (myself included) hold too much on their slice of RolePlay. You better have had a good read, T1K.

I agree with the changes to a sidebar - that is a huge QOL improvement especially with the suicide option. I would like to see kidnapping AOS again and only KOS if it's RP affiliated. I also agree with the price reduction on kidnapping. I think the talisman is an "OK" idea. You can make bases that cannot be picked and only be hacked via cracker.

No need to change it?

Kidnapping by itself is a pretty toxic mechanic when most of the time it's done for no reason other then to minge (no other reason then just to do it). The box most of the time will either get stolen because it's dropped in the middle of the street or someone else will buy it and it still won't work.

The current kidnap box system is fine. Theres no need to change it at all. I like the defibrillator idea though. Maybe give the medic and swat medic it. The talisman is a eh.

4/5 of the time, the boxes aren't even dropped.