Exploit: Possible backdoor/hacker

Head Respected of TitsRP

Exploit

Description: User is able to fake chat from other players and demote vip from users(sugar said it wasnt him nor could there be a bug that would do that) . 

How to reproduce: not sure

Priority: Extremely high

Note: I was afk when it said i texted in chat nor has there been anyone else in my home. Also could not have been someone with the same name since it shows my steam id for that chats. Also the Vip demotion was a while ago but it didnt bring it up earlier since vip was free then but i was afk at that time too and when i came back I Wasn't vip.

screenshot links:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1120014192

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1120014106

[attachment=710]

[attachment=711]

• 2 weeks later...

Ummm, it says "Not B ill Cosby"

Your name is.   "Not Bill Cosby" -- See the difference?

Even though your ID is "STEAM_0:1:49358072" I did check, so most likely an exploit. Possibly spoofing steam ID with cheat engine or some tool?

Does anyone else have your account, what way do you use to authenticate it? (email or mobile?). There's many reasons this could happen.

edit:

Also, really bad English for the hacker, which you seem to speak fluently. I noticed the other day when I was playing someone Chinese was trying to manipulate something.

Only explanation I can think of is that the logs you're using are 100% clientside. That kinda means the information you get it all local. For staff it's different. Any message is sent from the server to them so its always reliable.

Chat logs are local. If you can see the chat message, it will pop up in the logs. If you can't see it, obviously you can't see it. Staff, like I said have it different. They can see all messages.

The way you receive messages is completely done by your machine without interaction from the server. The spacing of "Not B ill Cosby" is due to a font spacing error when it's a specific font weight. That is AF_Garcon chatting but maybe you did type it and ur just memin hard or its just a really weird bug. The way that chat is inputted into the logs is kinda unreliable too due to the way the hook system in gmod works. I can look into that though.

The VIP bug could of been with the DB disconnecting or something, I don't think there is anything crazy going on. If there was I probably would have seen it already.

Next time this happens, contact a staff member and ask them to look for that message and see if it pops up with someone saying it. As of right now, I am gonna say this is just a fluke