Why are cops always so godawful?

Gnome

Almost every time I play on this server the CP are obnoxious or flat out RDA and I dont enjoy getting arrested every 5 seconds or being fined 20000 for "being annoying". I think there really should be a vote for CP or at least a blacklist for people who repeatedly FailRP and fail to use the job properly.

Job Abuse/Fail RP as CP punishments are actually fairly steep. We do try to keep the peace with CP as !staff but it's tough when most players do not know when to report...

What I mean is if you get RDA'd once treat it as RDMx1.  Ask the player in /ooc "Why did you arrest me?" If they do not answer within a reasonable time use a /pm.  If still no answer just take the RDA for what it was. IF the same player RDA's you then I highly encourage you to use the @ Chat. Then any online staff will see " Gnome - Player AssClown has RDA'd me 2 times with no response as to why, I was only walking around near fountain." We Teleport you to a sit, check logs, then teleport the offender to us; pretty much putting them on trial. From there we handle it accordingly.

If you feel the Arrest was completely false please report it to staff immediately do not wait!

Also Take a look at your jobs Cons using !motd, some jobs are prone to arrest on sight (AOS.)

The same rules follow for Over Fining and Random wanting a player.

Here is what we are told to follow as staff, but some RDA's do happen accidentally when trying to arrest someone thats in a group of players.

Falsely Arresting/Wanting someone (RDA)

•  
  • If on accident usually a verbal warning would be given unless it could have obviously been avoided.

• On purpose but with false reason than a warning can be given.

• If the RDA was intentional than a one hour ban can be put in place.

• Mass RDA intentional or not can lead to being banned for a week.

Also remember that you possibly could have done something that is an arrest able offence, possible not knowing it.