Unboxing system

Yesterday i had 100 keys to use to unbox everything was going good untill i hit 40 keys i landed on 250,000 dollars but when i closed the unboxing tab to see how much money i have know it said i got a vape instead.. this thing has been happening to alot of people.

i have  proof of it 

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198123322092/home

I had a second screenshot of me landing on the 250,000 but steamcloud says there is a error on it i'll try and get it

also does this mean i'll get my 250,000 that i unboxed cause of this bug?

The way unboxing works is going to be weird to explain but let me try. This addon is not mine. It's been in the server for over a year but it had a major flaw. When the unboxing rolled, it was all done clientside and where it landed, it would send the item it landed to the server and you would get it. Sounds straightforward right? YOU click unbox, YOU land on the item and YOU send the item that you won to the server.

That's the flaw, you can't trust the client because what if I came onto the server and manipulated the client code to tell the server I just landed on $1,000,000 like 100 times. That would work and it happened which is why I had to completely change how it worked. So..now the server does the calculation but thats janky for the client since it basically relied on your frametime (which changes...a lot) for accurate calculations on where you landed. I was only able to take a guess where you would land and assume you hit that and give you the item. The text in blue-ish grey is what you landed on in the client realm. The colorful text of what you landed on is the actual server calculation.

I fixed this for the next reset the best I could. It no longer relies on your frames and just moves at a static rate. In the end, you didn't really land on it if it didn't give you it.

The way unboxing works is going to be weird to explain but let me try. This addon is not mine. It's been in the server for over a year but it had a major flaw. When the unboxing rolled, it was all done clientside and where it landed, it would send the item it landed to the server and you would get it. Sounds straightforward right? YOU click unbox, YOU land on the item and YOU send the item that you won to the server.

That's the flaw, you can't trust the client because what if I came onto the server and manipulated the client code to tell the server I just landed on $1,000,000 like 100 times. That would work and it happened which is why I had to completely change how it worked. So..now the server does the calculation but thats janky for the client since it basically relied on your frametime (which changes...a lot) for accurate calculations on where you landed. I was only able to take a guess where you would land and assume you hit that and give you the item. The text in blue-ish grey is what you landed on in the client realm. The colorful text of what you landed on is the actual server calculation.

I fixed this for the next reset the best I could. It no longer relies on your frames and just moves at a static rate. In the end, you didn't really land on it if it didn't give you it.

Had a user actually hop in the server once and use a client cheat to force items to pop out, so it is completely realistic for it to be put on the server over the client.

Nobody can sit there and open 27 boxes and get 24m and 3 AWP Asiimovs when it's based on the server

Had a user actually hop in the server once and use a client cheat to force items to pop out, so it is completely realistic for it to be put on the server over the client.

Nobody can sit there and open 27 boxes and get 24m and 3 AWP Asiimovs when it's based on the server

i know what you mean but it's kinda annoying cause i've wasted over 100k+ and when it says i have landed on 250k or 1mil and i don't get it that can be quite annoying i'm just wondering sugar are you able to make your own unboxing system or is that too much work for you ;3

i know what you mean but it's kinda annoying cause i've wasted over 100k+ and when it says i have landed on 250k or 1mil and i don't get it that can be quite annoying i'm just wondering sugar are you able to make your own unboxing system or is that too much work for you ;3

Why make one if this one works fine. Like I said, this issue should be fixed for this reset for the most part.