Warrants for Printers

Gaben Newell

This has been an ongoing issue ever since I have been on the server. Cops make warrants based on hearing a printer when in real life you can not make a warrant based off a noise. I have had bases where I never had a printer in my base or anything illegal and the staff say since the person you reported has the noise glitch than they have the right to do a warrant without being punished because of the noise bug. A rule should be added like this:

You can make a warrant on someone for a printer IF YOU SEE THE ACTUAL ILLEGAL ITEMS THEMSELVES or HAVE A EYE WITNESS WITH EVIDENCE.

I believe this should be the rule.

I think it’s fine as it is tbh.  Unfortunately the noise bug just happens sometimes, but it’s not enough to warrant a change in job rules in my opinion. 

Edited by Spektor

On 4/30/2023 at 11:08 PM, Spektor said:

I think it’s fine as it is tbh.  Unfortunately the noise bug just happens sometimes, but it’s not enough to warrant a change in job rules in my opinion. 

Gonna have to agree with Spektor's statement here.
While it's an unfortunate bug that can happen, I still feel like for any you can't just ignore a printer sound because 'you can't see it'. For any RP reason at all, this should be enough for a warrant on someone.