MRDM BAN

Rethaw

In-Game Name

Rethaw

Your Steam ID

Why were you banned or warned?

I got banned for shooting an Sbc cannon on top of suburbs tunnel at my party members (Sshocked) (DickRash) (TheDudeAbides) because the crossfire hit and killed a Tmod (Malicious).

Why should you be unwarned/unbanned?

I believe that I should be unbanned because the reasoning for the ban is that I Mass Rdmed. The only person that I "random deathmatched" was Malicious, the other people that had been killed in the explosion were my friends, we laughed it off and didn't even seem to bat an eye. The most I believe that should be given to me is a single warn for RDM and tried to explain that to the Tmod, but he believes a 7 day ban is sufficient even though the only person that did not consent to RDM was himself, none of the other members called a sit, or reported any type of RDM. As for the screenshot this is proof that everyone that had been killed before, or after the Sbc incident was not RDM, nowhere in the rules does it say that consensual RDM is not allowed, if that was the case I'd understand the week ban but at most one person was hit in the crossfire outside of my party, and actually was Rdmed.

Who warned/banned you?

Malicous/Heosepheros(extenstion)

How long were you warned or banned for?

1 week

spacer.png

this isn’t a scenario of i was trying to rdm my friends, for a joke, so i decide to pull out a gun which is commonly associated with mrdm in my eyes this was just used to kill multiple people considering on that rooftop there was a good 10-15 people, 

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/IYpb3_NL5_TC0/d1337LIVtCqR?invite=cr-MSxiWm4sMzc0NTQ4MTQs

^ evidence

if a single person reports you for a mrdm, it’s overruled this has been a rule for the past 2 years that ive been in this community i vividly remember Ember being banned for this exact reason, and he wasn’t unbanned, so i took that  into account and punished you accordingly ive said what i’ve had to if you need to message me about any details i’ll be happy to provide.

• thumbdown -1 1
20 minutes ago, Malicious said:

this isn’t a scenario of i was trying to rdm my friends, for a joke, so i decide to pull out a gun which is commonly associated with mrdm in my eyes this was just used to kill multiple people considering on that rooftop there was a good 10-15 people, 

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/IYpb3_NL5_TC0/d1337LIVtCqR?invite=cr-MSxiWm4sMzc0NTQ4MTQs

^ evidence

if a single person reports you for a mrdm, it’s overruled this has been a rule for the past 2 years that ive been in this community i vividly remember Ember being banned for this exact reason, and he wasn’t unbanned, so i took that  into account and punished you accordingly ive said what i’ve had to if you need to message me about any details i’ll be happy to provide.

So when @SuicideBlue got a report from @AdamSM about Monkey Burger Mass rdming with an Sbc cannon, where was the justice there? He is an Smod and didnt give a 1 week ban, because noone else reported it, or seemed to care, just like this incident. Also in that clip you are killing people with falling damage from a healing bot, you and your entire party were all involved, also damaging me and killing plenty of others because you know this will not come up in logs, Is this not also RDM? Make it make sense please.

Edited by Rethaw
23 minutes ago, Malicious said:

^ evidence

Thats quite literally what I said but with the Ember shit his was moved to a 3 day ban for IRDMx1|IRDM in a sitx1 

So effectively he was still banned sure but I wasn't allowed to make it a MassRDM ban.

Reason for it was that from the SMod+ team at the time said "It was only 1 report so only 1 person cared" being their argument. 

Edited by Succ The Zucc
31 minutes ago, Succ The Zucc said:

Thats quite literally what I said but with the Ember shit his was moved to a 3 day ban for IRDMx1|IRDM in a sitx1 

So effectively he was still banned sure but I wasn't allowed to make it a MassRDM ban.

Reason for it was that from the SMod+ team at the time said "It was only 1 report so only 1 person cared" being their argument. 

From what I have been told by several senior mods / admins is that regardless if a sit is made or not MRDM is punishable. Now of course if somebody is just having a little war with a couple friends and they are killing each other for fun that is not something we should intervene in. But for example, if a citizen is sitting on a roof top, with a sniper, killing every single person they can see - then we can (and should) stop them and ban for MRDM -regardless of if there was a sit(s) called against them.

Edited by toosii
  • thumbdown -1 1

Before we jump on this dude where are the damage logs to see if he only damaged his friends and Malicious.  I see the death logs but if he claims all but one are his friend I don't see a reason to ban him for MRDM. If he did damage Chesmond and another as well then he could be banned for AMRDM instead.

• Like +1 2

Based on the video, you SBC cannoned into a highly crowded area. Idk why you though that was a good idea. We have an RDM Zone, if you and your friends want to kill each other you are free to head there and do it. This narrative of "I know I SBC cannoned a bunch of people but like.... even though I killed a staff member it should only count as one case of RDM!!" is getting very played out. It is just a way for people to try to wiggle out of punishment when they inevitably get banned for MRDM or AMRDM, which is what you did. You said "in the crossfire I hit a tmod", you ain't about to claim "oopsies crossfire" on an SBC Cannon smh. It's not like Mali was hit by a stray bullet, he was killed by the huge explosion that destroys anyone in the radius of the shot. It is inescapable, especially when you blast it in front of a bunch of people. -1, don't shoot SBC's in populated areas. Go to the RDM Zone next time.

If you didn’t want to MRDM then why did you shoot a sbc into a highly populated area? I have to agree with cobaselic here, there is an RDM zone for a reason so use that instead of RDMing with an sbc. I am going to be -1 for any unban at all. You knew what would happen when you shot that sbc into a populated area and you still done it anyway. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

9 hours ago, Rethaw said:

So when @SuicideBlue got a report from @AdamSM about Monkey Burger Mass rdming with an Sbc cannon, where was the justice there? He is an Smod and didnt give a 1 week ban, because noone else reported it, or seemed to care, just like this incident. Also in that clip you are killing people with falling damage from a healing bot, you and your entire party were all involved, also damaging me and killing plenty of others because you know this will not come up in logs, Is this not also RDM? Make it make sense please.

Don't try to throw me under the bus LOL that won't work

Monkey didn't get banned because the people he killed didn't care and stated so - also you killed a tmod who clearly did care so.