RDM zone armor removal

Rika

Should armor be removed from the rdm zone?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should armor be removed from the rdm zone?

• Yes, get rid of it
    • No

Full armor has been added to the rdm zone for around two months now, I've had lots of experience with it and I don't think it makes the rdm zone more fair. Other players have also had their complaints about armor being added to the rdm zone and these are the reasons why

1. If there are more than three people in rdm zone this ends up in one pair fighting each other and then the other picking off one and then finishing the other. For example player A is fighting player B while fighting player C comes in with a full magazine and steals player A's kill (killing player B) and then finishes player A themselves

2. The addition of armor has made rdm zone easier and less skillful, if you know what you're doing and have a decent weapon you're bound to survive for a while just because of how tanky you are. I have a clip here that demonstrates this a bit

3. By increasing the tankiness of players in the RDM zone, this forces you to reload more often after a kill. This can actually cause the balance to be less fair due to the necessity of reloading frequently; players who you've just killed are able to spawn in next to you and kill you as you are reloading

The addition of armor to RDM zone effectively increases the time to kill (TTK). However, increasing TTK does not necessarily mean more fair gameplay. Players are simply required to hold their crosshair on target for longer or score more hits. In fact, this can make using certain weapons feel worse (i.e., shotguns and sniper rifles). Adding armor to the RDM zone makes the usage of these weapons seem completely futile, and causes frustration when you spawn in them, leading to a worse gameplay experience

Edited by Rika
Title
  • Like +1 2
  • Rika changed the title to RDM zone armor removal

you abuse hitbox manipulation in gmod rdm zone

i think there should be random modifiers to rdm zone that can either be via an event (mid but a 5 minute rdm zone event with random modifiers and highest kill count wins would be cool - only if event rewards are buffed and cost to buy event is increased along with it) - or a random chance of occurring, and when it does it announces in chat the rdm zone has modifier x...
ie: one that gives more armor, one that deals more dmg, one that makes every player who enters a certain size (or player model), jump height, speed, firerate modifiers etc

also unrelated but add king of the hill event and everyone has slappers

anyways yes i think armor should be removed from rdm zone, if not then reload on kill should be added
i think rubiks reasoning for this change is 1) it makes it so if you're dogshit you can still spawn in right beside a player whos reloading and kill them, 2) less hassle with people exploiting to get armor in rdm zone 3) the mass dying while reloading means you SHOULD be cycling through guns more instead of just having 1 life. although i cannot speak for rubik..

Edited by Tene

"you abuse hitbox manipulation in gmod rdm zone"

If you're referring to jump crouching, no, that is not hitbox manipulation. If you simply track your target the whole time they are jump crouching then you're going to hit all those shots. I too thought the same when I first went against April (This was my first time encountering someone that is jump crouching) but then I looked back at the clips I'd take to see what I was doing wrong and as it turns out, I was just missing and getting lazy while trying to track her.

Some clips to prove it and a quote from April "I have had no issues hitting jump-crouching players and if you are unable to track and hit them that's on you. The hitboxes are still accurate and while it may be annoying to hit, it is no different than bhopping. Both of which are movement techniques that allow you to gain an advantage over other players and are easily performable without any external help"

"i think there should be random modifiers to rdm zone that can either be via an event (mid but a 5 minute rdm zone event with random modifiers and highest kill count wins would be cool - only if event rewards are buffed and cost to buy event is increased along with it) - or a random chance of occurring, and when it does it announces in chat the rdm zone has modifier x...
ie: one that gives more armor, one that deals more dmg, one that makes every player who enters a certain size (or player model), jump height, speed, firerate modifiers etc
"

I agree, I really like this idea and I think it'd be pretty fun and interesting to see added

59 minutes ago, Rika said:

"you abuse hitbox manipulation in gmod rdm zone"

If you're referring to jump crouching, no, that is not hitbox manipulation. If you simply track your target the whole time they are jump crouching then you're going to hit all those shots. I too thought the same when I first went against April (This was my first time encountering someone that is jump crouching) but then I looked back at the clips I'd take to see what I was doing wrong and as it turns out, I was just missing and getting lazy while trying to track her.

Some clips to prove it and a quote from April "I have had no issues hitting jump-crouching players and if you are unable to track and hit them that's on you. The hitboxes are still accurate and while it may be annoying to hit, it is no different than bhopping. Both of which are movement techniques that allow you to gain an advantage over other players and are easily performable without any external help

no it literally still manipulates your hitbox up and down, kdawg (or someones) fix for this was to make it so spamming crouch in the air while jumping doesn't move your playmodel up and down (like it does in singleplayer), however the hitbox still moves. it registers significantly less shots against a player who spams crouch while they are in the air
in ur first clip u are hitting ur shots when they are on the ground, and they are also not spamming crouch in the air.
in your second clip, the first fight you had you hit shots on the user, but due to them jump crouch spamming your hits didnt register. 2nd fight i assume they were crouching much less or it was because your shots that registered were when they were no longer crouching/were stood on the ground.

use cheats to see players' hitboxes and you will see what i mean -verified cheater who has SEEN it on the server and told me the results

spacer.png
This suggestion is in for next reset! -kdawg

Edited by Tene
  • Tene locked this topic