Serial Killer changes

Currently the SK job is pretty lackluster and literally just a better cultist with some negative effects applied. (slowing down)

In order to make the job an actual job where you get to be a serial killer, there are some changes I think should be made.

1. Remove the normal kidnapping bludgeon and replace it with a syringe like with drugs. Have the effect be instant KO like the current bludgeon but you can hit anywhere like with cuffs. Keep the slowdown effect but have a      cap so that you don't end up literally frozen, which is very stupid,

2. Remove the 2 hour cool down per person and replace it with a 10 minute cool down per kidnap. This lets lowpop servers still have plenty of options.

3. Allow users to randomly kill ANYONE they choose - essentially valid RDM, and have it count torwards the kidnap timer so you cant mess with the cooldown.

4. Add the slowdown effect for anyone looking at the SK after they kill someone for a certain amount of time to balance out the random killing. In order to commit a murder without getting caught you should do it away from prying eyes.

5. Add a chair that forces ragdoll'd kidnap victims to wake up in and cant escape from, but can suicide once they reach their timer.

6. Lower the kidnap time, it's ridiculously long. Half that shit.

7. Give increased XP and increased prison time per kill, increasing the risk and reward the more kills you get without getting caught.

This allows more playstyles for the SK job, and gives it a bit more depth to what you can do. Want to be a creepy serial killer who micspams food chewing asmr while you slowly kill your victim with a spoon? Go for it.
Want to go on a murder spree till you get caught in a jack the ripper-esque manner? Go for it. Choose how you want to serial kill.

Edited by Blue.
  • Like +1 2

Hey I like the idea of giving Serial Killer new options however I think this suggestion goes against fundamentally what the job is supposed to do and if these get added would completely ruin my enjoyment of playing Serial Killer, which is one of my favorite jobs in TitsRP.

40 minutes ago, Blue. said:

1. Remove the normal kidnapping bludgeon and replace it with a syringe like with drugs. Have the effect be instant KO like the current bludgeon but you can hit anywhere like with cuffs. Keep the slowdown effect but have a      cap so that you don't end up literally frozen, which is very stupid,

I agree with having a slowdown cap, that should definitely be implemented however I don't like the syringe idea, basically that would be like a better tranq gun which already is kind of annoying if you don't expect it so having a instant knockout version of that would be pretty annoying, PLUS you need a bludgeon anyways to pick up bodies so it makes more sense to give him his super powerful bludgeon.

41 minutes ago, Blue. said:

2. Remove the 2 hour cool down per person and replace it with a 10 minute cool down per kidnap. This lets lowpop servers still have plenty of options.

This is not a very good idea at all. First of all, 10 minutes is a long time and I think waiting 10 minutes would be so damn boring nobody would bother playing Serial Killer, especially since people find the current 3-5 minute kidnap cooldown boring. 

Also the 2 hour cool down PER PERSON is actually really good because if you fail your kidnap or succeed, you can IMMEDIATELY go get another victim if you want, you don't have to wait a cooldown to kidnap a completely different person like you do with the regular bludgeon. 

I think a better implementation of this would be to have the cooldown be based on player count, for example:

low population: 30 minute cooldown

mid population: 1 hour cooldown

high population: 2 hour cooldown

46 minutes ago, Blue. said:

3. Allow users to randomly kill ANYONE they choose - essentially valid RDM, and have it count torwards the kidnap timer so you cant mess with the cooldown.

This, literally is the opposite of what this class is meant to be doing. You're a Serial Killer not a Terrorist. We already have many jobs that can kill whoever they want (Terrorist, Abomination, Pissed Pig, Shark and Sewer Monster) and we also have many other jobs that can RDM other classes (Chucky, Michaeal Myers, Grim Reaper, Mayor Assassin, etc) so having ANOTHER job run around and kill people is kind of pointless.

The purpose of Serial Killer is to sneak around and kidnap and murder people who are either alone or when nobody else is paying attention, if you're running out into the open and grabbign people and then wondering why you died, it's not because Serial Killer is bad (I think he's actually pretty powerful if you know what you're doing) it's because you're not playing optimally.

48 minutes ago, Blue. said:

4. Add the slowdown effect for anyone looking at the SK after they kill someone for a certain amount of time to balance out the random killing. In order to commit a murder without getting caught you should do it away from prying eyes.

That's literally what the Serial Killer already does? Except only while the victim is still kidnapped and able to be rescued.

49 minutes ago, Blue. said:

5. Add a chair that forces ragdoll'd kidnap victims to wake up in and cant escape from, but can suicide once they reach their timer.

This is an interesting idea that might be cool for some of the other kidnap jobs (for example the aliens who will probe you in that chair) but it doesn't make sense for the Serial Killer. The Serial Killer isn't kidnapping people to have them as their pets, he's kidnapping them to EAT THEM!!!

50 minutes ago, Blue. said:

6. Lower the kidnap time, it's ridiculously long. Half that shit.

Are you talking about the same person? If I recall correctly there's no kidnap cooldown as a Serial Killer if it's a different person each time,

Or are you referring to the time that they wake up till? In that case it's already been shortened and Sugar Tits said himself he wants it to be longer so that you actually have to hide and protect the body, and I have had situations where I was hiding the body while their friends were raiding my base trying to free their friend but then there are other times where they're knocked out and cannot do anything. 

52 minutes ago, Blue. said:

7. Give increased XP and increased prison time per kill, increasing the risk and reward the more kills you get without getting caught.

This is a pretty good idea!

The purpose of Serial Killer is to sneak around and kidnap and murder people who are either alone or when nobody else is paying attention, if you're running out into the open and grabbign people and then wondering why you died, it's not because Serial Killer is bad (I think he's actually pretty powerful if you know what you're doing) it's because you're not playing optimally.

That's all the cultists do too tho tbh

SK should be a serial killer, essentially terrorist without the 5 min announcement and wait to start attacking along with blues other suggestions

SK is shit rn imo and the reason SK has to kidnap and all that BS instead of just murdering of cause of the idiots who will think its RDM and not an SK murder

• Like +1 1
14 hours ago, supermarioben2 said:
15 hours ago, Blue. said:

I agree with having a slowdown cap, that should definitely be implemented however I don't like the syringe idea, basically that would be like a better tranq gun which already is kind of annoying if you don't expect it so having a instant knockout version of that would be pretty annoying, PLUS you need a bludgeon anyways to pick up bodies so it makes more sense to give him his super powerful bludgeon.

this idea literally just stems from watching dexter lmao.

I actually really really like how Serial Killer is so I don't really like these ideas, I don't see the purpose of making him ANOTHER Mass RDM class, we already have more of those. Serial Killer is basically just a super powerful Cultist which is what I want because unlike you maniacs I don't play a boring CC 24/7.

I do wish though that Serial Killer could actually CHOOSE his disguise so he can disguise better because the random CC models he gets basically give him away so easily.