body block

13 hours ago, Minky said:

I understand the situation, I had a full (haha funny) discussion with someone that was participating.  But people could def just warn bind the bodyblockers instead of having to make a sit!   And it was the first time something like that happened in a good amount of time!  Just don't quite understand the instant making of the rule, but who knows!  Rubik does know best

12 hours ago, Jason Bourne said:

It could be for the fact that they were body blocking the most famous exit of spawn. Also maybe the fact most players go threw there meaning so do new players and they have no idea they can just warn them to move. There should be no reason you should be body blocking places so to be annoying 

I'm not talking about a specific scenario but what you describe is obviously not ok. If you want to be pedantic the rule could be "you cannot unnecessarily body block" so your obvious extreme PTSD can be calmed.

There is no real reason to restrict RP unilaterally via this rule just because someone trolled one time

Thank you for your feedback 😊

1 hour ago, 1-800-Suicide said:

I'm not talking about a specific scenario but what you describe is obviously not ok. If you want to be pedantic the rule could be "you cannot unnecessarily body block" so your obvious extreme PTSD can be calmed.

Technically body blocking purely to be an asshole is still covered under "DO NOT Minge" in the rules, the framework is already there, all this rule does is hamper RP and just cause more baby unneeded petty sits to be made.

It wasn't an enforceable rule until recently where Rubik literally added it the rules just 2 days ago.
It's absolutely mingy, but it's still really fun to do. My gang and I fully understand that it's super mingy and therefore we don't call sits while doing it as we know that it will only further cause problems. In other words, RDM my gang, we honestly didn't care.

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/7DLF4Pm7fYr1O/d1337vlfbKwA?invite=cr-MSxYSUEsNTYyNzY1MSw

40 minutes ago, Doge Skeletor said:

Technically body blocking purely to be an asshole is still covered under "DO NOT Minge" in the rules, the framework is already there, all this rule does is hamper RP and just cause more baby unneeded petty sits to be made.

I agree fully. Body blocking is purely an asshole thing to do but so is having annoying laws as mayor and many other activites. Obviously no one wants people body blocking spawn and that is covered in the do not minge rule! I also think that such as having annoying laws as mayor that body blocking has a function. I will use the same example as i did before; There are cops who are body blocking the entrance to pd while there is a law to weapon check people who enter pd. Without a complete ban on bodyblocking people who want to enter can warn the bodyblockers to get out of their way, and if they dont there will be conflict, or the person who wants to enter will agree to being weapon checked and let into pd. With the current rule someone will call a sit and the police will be warned. I think if a situation can be solved via roleplay it is way better than a petty sit being called, i also believe the same sentiment is stated in the motd.

The rule is enforcable if the staff member can put in any amount effort in determening if the person is bodyblocking just to troll or if it has a function.  The current rule is simply there for petty and lazy people

before this was added into the MOTD, it was never a problem until a group of people MADE it a problem. now that this is in the MOTD, i now see a lot of pointless situations potentially happening and its just gonna result in a whole lot of issues, i personally don't think it shoulda been labled in MOTD, as it was an issue 1 time and then added to MOTD, seems like a rushed idea

Edited by Professional Jay Walker
clarification
  • Like +1 2