Map Size (4500?)

Hi new here came from rust.

Last wipe the map size was 5000 which was too big and now it's 4000 which I think is too small. It should probably be like 4500, which is also the rust default.

Welcome @cciacona! I appreciate the feedback. The map size keeps changing every wipe until we find that sweet spot. First wipe was 3000 iirc, which was impossible to play on. We went a little too large w/ 5000 so we figured 4000 might be that sweet spot. We will get the response from the community after a few days and re-revaluate for the next wipe. After a week or so I may hold a poll in this forum to get the feedback from everyone.

Btw, if you're not in the Discord yet, here is the invite link: https://tits.gg/discord. Go to the #get-roles channel and add the RUST role to yourself to get pinged when we hold polls and stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2021 at 3:41 PM, Rubik said:

Welcome @cciacona! I appreciate the feedback. The map size keeps changing every wipe until we find that sweet spot. First wipe was 3000 iirc, which was impossible to play on. We went a little too large w/ 5000 so we figured 4000 might be that sweet spot. We will get the response from the community after a few days and re-revaluate for the next wipe. After a week or so I may hold a poll in this forum to get the feedback from everyone.

Btw, if you're not in the Discord yet, here is the invite link: https://tits.gg/discord. Go to the #get-roles channel and add the RUST role to yourself to get pinged when we hold polls and stuff. 

whats the current setting at? 4000? Playing my first time on rust, the current map felt like it was traversable within a decent time limit.

For example, from harbor to your base (the base im currently in) was large enough to where it would take quite some time but didnt feel like it was really too much