Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ZestyBoi

Seed Breeding

Recommended Posts

I was thinking of a possible "Revamp" to the current drug / olive seeds. A way to make farming a bit of a different experience, rewarding long time farmers.

 

Here is what I propose:

 

A sort of Tool, given to the farmer job, that has a guarantee to give a seed of the plant you're using it on, with a possible 25% chance to give an extra seed.

 

These seeds would have stats determining how they grow.

 

Things like the chance of requiring water, growth rate of the seed, and Harvest Amount.

 

All the seeds you can buy in the F4 menu would have the same base stats, but you won't be able to breed the seeds straight from the f4 menu, you will need to grow a plant with it, then extract the seed of the plant.

 

A table that the farmer could spawn 2-4 of, some-what like the sprit caller table, where you could place two seeds down into it, maybe add in some chemicals, and breed them, with a wait time of 1-3 minutes until finished.

 

stat changes should be drastic, only small little changes according to the stats of the seeds being bred.

 

This would give more use towards the farmer job, and could create a whole new market for seeds.

 

 

Though this is poorly written, I hope you got the general idea of this suggestion.

This also isn't supposed to be a complete re-work of the current seeds, just an add to it. Seed breeding should be something that the more competitive farmers go for, and not a requirement for making money as the farmer job.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

This sounds kinda cool. What about seed mutations. Where you can somehow craft / combine recipes for different seeds to get a mega seed which holds up to a % of all seeds having the mutation.

 

For example:

Harvesting crops gives a chance to give a random mutated seed

Combine 2 - 4 mutated seeds to get a mega seed which fills up a whole plot

5% - 50% of all crops will be mutated with different effects like, "Speed Grower", "Water Roots", "Plentiful Harvest", "Mutation on Mutation" and ect

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Sugar Tits said:

This sounds kinda cool. What about seed mutations. Where you can somehow craft / combine recipes for different seeds to get a mega seed which holds up to a % of all seeds having the mutation.

 

For example:

Harvesting crops gives a chance to give a random mutated seed

Combine 2 - 4 mutated seeds to get a mega seed which fills up a whole plot

5% - 50% of all crops will be mutated with different effects like, "Speed Grower", "Water Roots", "Plentiful Harvest", "Mutation on Mutation" and ect

Expand more on weed growing, maybe something like different strains, that have a RNG chance to be worth less, or more, than the current price of weed, and different effects like mentioned above

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Sugar Tits said:

This sounds kinda cool. What about seed mutations. Where you can somehow craft / combine recipes for different seeds to get a mega seed which holds up to a % of all seeds having the mutation.

 

For example:

Harvesting crops gives a chance to give a random mutated seed

Combine 2 - 4 mutated seeds to get a mega seed which fills up a whole plot

5% - 50% of all crops will be mutated with different effects like, "Speed Grower", "Water Roots", "Plentiful Harvest", "Mutation on Mutation" and ect

That sounds pretty sick, all I really want is the seeding system of drugs to be given more depth.

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Blue. said:

Expand more on weed growing, maybe something like different strains, that have a RNG chance to be worth less, or more, than the current price of weed, and different effects like mentioned above

+111111111111111111111111

  • Like +1 1

Share this post


Link to post

this would definitely give more variation to drugs for sure. This would give people a breath of fresh air with drug growing for sure. Awesome suggestion. +1

Share this post


Link to post

this is a very interesting idea, reminds me a lot of the agriculture mod for minecraft, overall I would have to +1 it.

 

My ideas for this would be:

-All default seeds purchased with the f4 menu have the same stats/"mutations" and they all are pretty weak/low

-Harvesting a crop has a small chance to drop extra seeds, these usually have the same stats as the original seed they came from, however there is a small chance for a mutation to occour increasing or decreasing the stats of the seed

-Combining two different seeds together in a machine/entity will "breed" the seeds causing their stats to mix (this wont generate new mutations though)

 

My idea for this is that if you be persistent and in the mood to grind on crops you can take the very weak seeds from f4 menu and upgrade their stats to the max, eventually. It would also be cool to allow seeds to be inventoried with their abilities to allow people to sell seeds aswell as the drugs. This would be a sort of recycling system and I think it'd be neat 

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, supermarioben2 said:

this is a very interesting idea, reminds me a lot of the agriculture mod for minecraft, overall I would have to +1 it.

 

My ideas for this would be:

-All default seeds purchased with the f4 menu have the same stats/"mutations" and they all are pretty weak/low

-Harvesting a crop has a small chance to drop extra seeds, these usually have the same stats as the original seed they came from, however there is a small chance for a mutation to occour increasing or decreasing the stats of the seed

-Combining two different seeds together in a machine/entity will "breed" the seeds causing their stats to mix (this wont generate new mutations though)

 

My idea for this is that if you be persistent and in the mood to grind on crops you can take the very weak seeds from f4 menu and upgrade their stats to the max, eventually. It would also be cool to allow seeds to be inventoried with their abilities to allow people to sell seeds aswell as the drugs. This would be a sort of recycling system and I think it'd be neat 

I mostly want seeds to be given ONLY when you want them to drop, I think it'd be even more of a hassle to harvest the drugs if you need to also pick up seeds that drop.

 

Although mostly, this is the entire whole idea of what I wish could be added.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...