Raccoon's Report on Miizy

Your In-Game Name:

Raccoons

Your Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:450706428

Who are you reporting?:

Miizy, STEAM_0:1:566854218

Why are you reporting this player?:

Encouraging me to commit suicide. We weren't getting along too well, and I tried to you know, not be too toxic, but then they said this. This happened last night. I couldn't find a discord for this user. I apologize. I understand that the server can be toxic sometimes, but things like this honestly have no place in any community no matter how toxic it may be.

Do you have evidence related to this incident?:

Yes

Relevant Info:

The Screenshot clearly shows what they said and in what context. https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1643209962158217630/3656DC2FA3A9CF6BE19F6593A976C8C8071AD00F/

Have you asked this player to stop in the past? I find what they said quite disgusting but I would like to see any further evidence, as well as some additional context before I decide if I would support a punishment in this scenario. Is it possible for you to include further chat logs, including any previous encounters with the player?

Just now, mcdonalds wifi said:

Have you asked this player to stop in the past? I find what they said quite disgusting but I would like to see any further evidence, as well as some additional context before I decide if I would support a punishment in this scenario. Is it possible for you to include further chat logs, including any previous encounters with the player?

This was the only screenshot i got, i was kinda already a little annoyed so once they said this i got off not too long after

10 minutes ago, Raccoons said:

This was the only screenshot i got, i was kinda already a little annoyed so once they said this i got off not too long after

It would definitely set a new precedent if this post succeeded in getting someone punished for harassment. I in no way mean to suggest what the player said was justifiable, but I simply don’t think there is a large enough collection of evidence to warrant punishment here, and without further screenshots the context of the players words are left in doubt. For now I’m going to go with -1 for punishment, but I strongly encourage you to begin building a case and documenting these things if they begin to become a pattern of behavior for this player. 

8 minutes ago, mcdonalds wifi said:

It would definitely set a new precedent if this post succeeded in getting someone punished for harassment. I in no way mean to suggest what the player said was justifiable, but I simply don’t think there is a large enough collection of evidence to warrant punishment here, and without further screenshots the context of the players words are left in doubt. For now I’m going to go with -1 for punishment, but I strongly encourage you to begin building a case and documenting these things if they begin to become a pattern of behavior for this player. 

So someone encouraging a community member to kill themselves is fine by you? At least now I know ig

Yes this type lf comment isn't needed on this server i 100% agree with you . But this really isn't him telling you to kys or encouraging you to either.  I need more evidence for this to be a perma or a ban. DOES this player need to be talked to : yes does he deserve a ban/perma no . Is there anymore evidence you can provide?

• Like +1 1

18 minutes ago, Raccoons said:

So someone encouraging a community member to kill themselves is fine by you? At least now I know ig

Thats not what I said. I said that its not a good precedent to set that a single snippet of text from ooc can get you banned for harassment. I stated multiple times that this isn’t acceptable behavior. We are just asking for further context.

• thumbdown -1 1

I’m sure what WiFi means to say is that reports involving harassment should be a thorough as possible. You should be able to prove beyond a doubt that this type of behavior is repeated and unprovoked. WiFi asked if you had spoken to the player in question and asked him to stop bothering you. I don’t see a clear response to that question in your reply. That is a very important detail in this case. 

• Like +1 3

oh... I thought we were just messing around and that you were in on it, didn’t realize, man I’m sorry. my bad. 

This thread doesn't have conclusive evidence this user had the goal of inciting you to take your own life. He made a singular remark in poor taste, and all staff whom commented on here are in agreeance with that. Look at what the reported user stated below.

50 minutes ago, miizy said:

oh... I thought we were just messing around and that you were in on it, didn’t realize, man I’m sorry. my bad. 

This just concretes (To me, at least) that this user did not have the intentions of encouraging you to commit suicide. Was it in poor taste? Yes, i've already established that. From the evidence you've provided the user is unlikely going to receive severe consequence, if any at this time. It also shows no intention of you attempting to talk it out with the user in game, and instead rushing to the forums to get this user punished right away even if a talking to would suffice. 

-1 for punishment 

Edited by Fuel